Senior Subcontract Buyer - 6 Month FTC
Posted: 4 Sep 2020 Closes: 4 Oct 2020
We are looking for a Senior Subcontract Buyer (6 Month FTC) to support the work winning procurement process, ensuring we develop and implement procurement and supply chain strategies that contribute to the successful award of future work.
This is a key role where you will ensure the procurement function successfully leverages its buying power through effective category management and relationship management.
- Work and behave in line with the Skanska Code of Conduct and to align activities and programmes of work to the Skanska Policies and Procedures and the Purpose, Values and Culture.
- Tenders - Prepare Sub-Contract enquiry documents and tender review sheets.
- Review Sub-Contract and Material quotations and subsequent recommendations
- Negotiate with suppliers and Raising of orders ensuring relevant technical and commercial clauses are included.
- Minimise the cost of Sub-Contract, materials and plant supplied to Skanska.
- Look to improve service level agreements with suppliers and internal departments.
- Participate in the implementation of strategic procedural and practical changes to increase productivity and performance, including KPI's with the supply chain.
- Comply with Skanska Procedures and policy on procurement including participation in Audits (Internal/External).
- Degree level education, or qualified by experience.
- Ideally, membership of professional body (RICS, CIPS), or working towards.
- Significant experience of procurement in the construction industry.
- Tendering experience with sound working knowledge of the main forms of contract, NEC, JCT, CECA (ICE).
- Knowledge of the forms of sub-contract for the building, civils and utilities sectors.
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our Job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Rickmansworth, England, United Kingdom
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Limited Term