Senior Support Worker
Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
A new opportunity has arisen for a motivated Senior Support Worker to join our care and support team at Ashley Court in Lincoln. Ashley Court is a purpose-built care home for adults with physical disabilities. It offers a total of 15 purpose-built single occupancy en-suite rooms. Based close to local bus routes and with free parking we are ideally placed for public transport and local commuter connections with shop facilities close by.
Here at Longhurst Group we want to deliver excellent Care and Support Services which are both individualised and customer-led, promoting wellbeing and support for young adults with disabilities. This role is integral to providing exceptional care to these individuals.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will:
- Be an active role model in your approach to your work leading by example, motivating and inspiring your team.
- Ensure that each person supported receives the highest standard of care or support that is appropriate to the individuals assessed needs.
- Ensure that any safeguarding concerns, complaints, accidents, potential risk and incidents are reported and actioned within the required timeframes in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain your own Continuous Personal Development and keep your knowledge up to date of legislative changes.
Our ideal candidate will possess a passion for working in the care sector and will appreciate the importance of providing care for young adults with physical disabilities. We are looking for a Senior Support Worker who goes that extra mile whilst working as part of a team. In order to deliver service excellence, you must demonstrate empathy, patience, humour and a ‘can do’ attitude.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will:
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate a good level of ICT skills and have experience of working with all MS Office programmes.
- Have proven ability to motivate others and form good working relationships.
- Have knowledge and understanding of National Care Standards; regulatory QA requirements; the workings of social care and health care.
We value your support.
Our commitment in return for your passion, skills and knowledge is to provide you with the following;
- A minimum of 26 days holiday.
- Up to 1400 internal bite size courses available via our internal learning system you can explore to self-develop your career:
- A generous sick pay entitlement.
- Family friendly maternity and paternity pay scheme.
- Access to our wellbeing hub.
- Access to all our internal career opportunities across the entire business.
How to apply
For more information about the role please read the attached job description and the person specification.
If you are interested in applying please click on the apply button at the top of this page, where you will be taken through our application process. You will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.
We really want to hear how you meet the criteria for this opportunity, please use the two supporting statements to really show us where your skill set meets our requirements. To ensure all candidates are treated fairly, we do not accept CVs.
If we receive a high number of applications, this vacancy may expire prior to the closing date. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The important things – Naturally working with our customers we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. A DBS will be required to work with our customers along with Right to Work checks before you start. We know you want to join us as soon as possible and we will process these as checks as quickly as we can so we can welcome you to our team).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 2nd October
Interview date – TBC