Senior Systems Engineer – Cyber Security
The GLA is recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer – Cyber Security
What you'll need to succeed
You will lead on all technical aspects of information and cyber security and also to organisations to which the Technology Group provides a shared technology/digital service. You will be responsible for the information security relating to web, digital and technology infrastructure and end user computing services, continuously reviewing and monitoring, proactively recommending and implementing improvements and reactively leading on resolving incidents, problems and issues. The position requires an independent and autonomous self-starter with the ability to advise on latest security trends.
For this role you will need the below:
- Practical experience of the ITIL standard
- Practical experience of national and international information security standards, regulations and legislation such as ISO27001, NCSC good practice guidance and GDPR
- Practical experience of security standards published by major vendors such as Amazon, Cisco and Microsoft
Additionally, you will need experience of supporting and administering the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008/2012 R2 stand alone and clustered environment
- Linux based servers stand alone and clustered environment
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure Iaas
- Windows Desktop operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Databases (including MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL 2008/12)
- Citrix XenApp
- Web services (including Drupal 7, LAMP stack and Microsoft IIS)
- Amazon Web Services cloud platform
- Azure cloud platform, including Azure Active Directory, IaaS services and Intune.
- Office 365
- Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP directories.
- VMware vSphere
- Scripting (including BASH and Powershell)
- Networking and TCP/IP
- Knowledge and experience of security testing and methodologies
The GLA and Hays Recruitment are working together. If you are interested in applying and would like more information about this exciting opportunity, please visit the Hays website by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and the GLA strives to ensure their workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. We are committed to being an inclusive employer, we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share.