Service Designer - Design Culture, Design Centre of Excellence
The Design Culture team is part of the CoE. Our purpose is to infuse Design throughout the Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) & empower designers to develop & thrive. We do this by:
Fostering a design-led culture:
- We help create a passion for Design @ LBG and promote its value / impact
- We develop a working culture that embraces our core Design values of Compassion, Clarity, Connection, Courage and Craft
Re-imagining the Designer's Experience:
- We define the end to end colleague journey for Designers (from recruitment to onboarding, training…)
- We empower and support Designers to grow and progress in their career
Creating a vibrant community, through guilds and other activities inside and outside LBG
We are looking for change makers, people eager to challenge the status quo and propose creative solutions in a collaborative environment; designers who are eager to take big and complex challenges and feel confident in building relationships and influencing people in order to achieve cultural change.
We are looking for self-driven people who understand that every change starts with a few steps and that everyone is able to make a change if they have resilience, perseverance and passion.
As a Service Designer, you will work collaboratively with Design colleagues, Design Leads and stakeholders across business areas and functions. Your main responsibility will be to lead the definition of the ideal end-to-end colleague experience for the Human Centred Design division - and then help deliver it.
You'll be leading on one of the colleague journey phases (e.g. Recruiting, onboarding, settling in, growing & personal development, off boarding…) but also support the rest of the team on other activities.
This is a great opportunity to design the experience of hundreds of designers from different design disciplines, so they are able to thrive, develop and make an impact on people's lives - supporting our ambitions of Helping Britain Prosper.
Key activities accountabilities:
- Advocating a human-centric approach to the all products, services and experiences whether for colleagues or customers
- Conducting research with colleagues to identify needs, goals and aspirations
- Facilitating workshops with stakeholders and colleagues (co-creation)
- Developing strong, evidence-based recommendations and getting buy-in from key stakeholders to unlock funding & prioritisation
- Developing solid partnerships with different areas of the group to identify new opportunities and help delivery
- Making change happen and assessing performance to continuously learn and iterate.
You will be comfortable working to outcome-driven briefs rather than detailed specifications.
You will act as an advocate and evangeliser of design mind-sets and design thinking. You will embody and reflect our values of Clarity, Compassion, Connection, Courage and Craft.
Skills & experience
- Experience as a solid contributor as a Service Designer, User Experience Designer, Design researcher or a similar role.
- Experience in defining human centric approaches to projects and leading teams throughout
- Proven experience with a wide range of design methods (research, journey mapping / blueprinting, synthesis, storytelling, usability testing etc…)
- Facilitating workshops with stakeholders and colleagues
- Ability to develop a strategy and break it down into themes, priorities and tactics
- Critical thinking and commercial thinking
- Stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills - including at a senior level, preferably in a large service organisation
We're looking for someone with…
- Passion, energy and self motivation
- A great team mentality
- A growth mindset, striving to develop yourself and others.
- Compassion, courage and curiousity
- A drive to get things done.
Of course, designers come in every shape, size and flavour. If you have strengths, in addition to those above, then don't be shy to make them known (e.g. behavioural economics, visual design / illustration, coaching, etc…).
We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
In return, Lloyds Banking Group rewards performance through our award-winning benefits package. This includes a flexible option that allows you to choose cash or pick from a wide range of benefits (e.g. contributory pensions scheme, private medical insurance and retail discount vouchers). You will also have full support to assist you in meeting personal and professional objectives and development goals.
- Experience of working in large organisations (client side)
- Interested in organisational and cultural change design approaches
- Experience in developing a design-led culture in organisations