Service Desk Manager
Change your job, change your workplace, change your future...
Ricoh is a market leading technology company specialising in strategic Management Document Solutions, Production Printing, Communication Services, Application Services, Infrastructure Services, Workplace Services, Business Process Outsourcing, Cloud based technology and I.T Managed Services. We also partner with Microsoft! Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions.
The purpose of the Service Desk Manager role is to develop, lead, and motivate a team of dedicated on-site Service Desk and Technical Support professionals to deliver high quality end user support with outstanding customer service in-line with RUK contractual and commercial objectives.
What you will be doing
* Lead, motivate and organise the Service Desk employees to meet and exceed contracted SLA’s and departmental KPI’s whilst maintaining a productive and prosperous working environment.
* Play a pivotal and active part in the ‘on-boarding’ of new services and workstreams ensuring a seamless integration into the ITS service desk environment.
* Promote, champion and drive the use of ITIL best practices across the Service Desk Team to ensure the delivery of a best practice service desk function
* Manage the Service Desk Team Leader to ensure performance is maximised to meet / exceed KPI’s, including coaching and mentoring the development of the Service Desk and delivery of company standards / processes.
* Perform monthly service desk service reviews with key customer stakeholders, production of service performance reporting and presenting these to the wider audience. Create and distribute ad-hoc service based reports to various stakeholders.
* Own and drive the continual service improvement plan covering quality initiatives, polices and processes, and ensure the customers need and requirements are anticipated, met and exceeded.
* Report to senior managers and appropriate stake holders on any issue that could significantly impact a client’s business
* Take overall responsibility for incident management and ticket quality on the Service Desk. This could also be expanded to any other activity taken on by the Service Desk
* Representing the Service Desk at all relevant meetings and applying valuable input and innovative ideas to promote the involvement of the service desk as a valuable support function.
You will ideally have
* ITIL v3 Foundation qualified
* Proven track record of managing a Service Desk (In and out of Hours)
* Excellent people management skills – ability to lead, develop, coach, motivate and handle conflict
* Genuine flexibility (24/7 team)
* Strong customer stakeholder management skills
* Good time management, organisational & delegation skills with the ability to work under pressure
* Ability to communicate with all levels in the organisation – both written and verbal
* Good understanding of the internal and external customer principles
* Advanced customer handling skills to support the process for maintaining customer relations.
* Good presentation skills for undertaking presentations to internal customers and the senior management team
* IT Technical knowledge
* Service acceptance and transition experience preferred but not essential
* Good analytical skills and an ability to define the precise nature of customer requirements, this will include meetings with various levels of management seniority
* Service Now experience and knowledge
In return for your commitment, you can expect
Ricoh is a great company to work for - one which encourages and rewards career development. You will be working for a professional, customer-focused organisation with the ability to grow in to new areas of opportunity as they arise in Ricoh UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Ricoh have removed the disclosure of convictions box from their application process (ban the box - http://www.bitc.org.uk/programmes/ban-box) offering equal opportunities to all. For all roles, we will judge each individual on their skills and ability before taking into account their history. However some roles are subject to sensitive and restrictive information and, if successful, you may be required to undertake pre-employment vetting checks which include but are not limited to residency check, credit reference check, financial sanctions` check and a DBS Check.