Service Improvement Manager
The Service Improvement Manager is responsible for:
- Setting standards and coordinating the approach to business improvement across SCS Core Services.
- Promoting effective process mapping techniques to standardise and smooth business approach. Working with process owners to confirm expectation - dependencies, pre-requisites and outputs.
- Implementing effectives problem solving techniques, either simple or complex, to seek sustainable solution.
- Champion the application of Lean production principles in a construction environment, delivering improvement projects that benefit time, value-for-money, safety, quality, environment and wellbeing.
- Responsible for developing and managing a commercially verified tracking system for capturing improvement / efficiency benefits.
- Responsible for consolidating and reporting benefits and savings data from SCS Core Services as a return on investment for the project.
- Promotes a core lean toolkit in standardising an improvement approach
- Engages with the wider Business Improvement team, recognising opportunity to support with lean training and tools, necessary to achieve successful improvement initiatives from ideas.
- Support Area Improvement Managers as a subject matter expert. Endorse Lean improvement with Area Directors and Senior Leadership teams.
- Deploy Lean training (e.g. awareness, leadership training), coaching and mentoring at all levels.
- Coordinating and facilitating regular improvement workshops.
- Support the collection and share SCS ideas, examples of good / best practice, lessons learnt and knowledge summaries with SCS, parent companies and HS2
- Update and deliver on clients documents i.e. Lean Implementation Plan (if and when required)
Working within Business Improvement Team:
- Reports to Head of Business Improvement
- Innovation: Support innovative ideas (as well as the underlying processes) and innovation pilots that arise through improvement projects to help the project go beyond industry best practice
- Knowledge Management: Support lessons learnt and knowledge transfer that arises from improvement work to share benefits and experience/learning across teams
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree or Appropriate Qualification
- Analytical thinker, as well as structured and independent way of working
- Solid understanding and strong interest of Lean methodology, tools and deployment, especially within an asset build and management context (Lean Practitioner, Six Sigma, Agile etc)
- Experience of working within construction project environments and across all stages of a project lifecycle
- Application of Lean to infrastructure planning and construction processes
- Effective communication skills, competent in facilitation / presentation and engaging/ influencing Senior Management
- A strong work ethic, team focused and an enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Experience managing and guiding Lean Practitioners / Green Belts / Lean champions
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.