Full time, 35 hours per week
We are Leonard Cheshire – supporting individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability. We are at the heart of local life – opening doors to opportunity, choice and support in communities around the globe.
Like our founder, we believe that diversity creates a world of possibility. Through pioneering research and innovation we’re building a fairer, more inclusive society. One that recognises the positive contributions we all make, and we are all proud to play our part.
Agate House a care home with nursing, is based in Ampthill supporting 36 adults aged 18 – 65 with physical and learning disabilities. Agate House is fully compliant with CQC standards and has achieved a good rating from CQC.
Leading by example, we do everything humanly possible to empower people to live their lives as freely and as fully as they choose.
About the role
This is a challenging yet exciting role, offering the opportunity to bring your passion and enthusiasm to the largest pan disability charity in the UK, making a real difference to the lives of all our residents.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will provide clear direction and be responsible for the day to day management of the service including management and supervision of a great staff team.
Key responsibilities will include financial and health and safety management to fulfil our statutory obligations. You will implement systems and procedures designed to promote positive outcomes for disabled people, ensuring a flexible, proactive approach whilst meeting the desired outcomes of the people we support.
You will also manage the recruitment, selection and on-going training, development and performance of all staff in the service, to ensure achievement of national minimum care standard requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- To be Nurse Qualified
- Experience in managing nursing and care teams / supervisory or management experience in a care environment.
- Experience of a range of different departments such as therapies, transport, catering, administration, care and maintenance would be advantageous.
- Registration for this service following successful appointment.
- Strong people and communication skills.
- Exemplary customer service.
- Ability to provide budgetary compliance.
We offer pay which is fair and competitive in our sector and a wide range of employee schemes and benefits to include:
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Choice to buy or sell annual leave, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Contributory pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Access to cash health plan at very competitive rates.
- Discounted tariffs with 02.
- Cycle to Work – hire a cycle and / or accessories (salary sacrifice)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including face-to-face counselling, as appropriate.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
A satisfactory disclosures check / PVG membership (Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.