Full time, 35 hours per week
Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
St. Cecilia's is a 30 bed nursing service in Bromley.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop, making a difference to so many lives by enabling the people who use our service to enjoy independence and fulfilment.
We are looking for a qualified nurse as the service has high nursing needs for most of the individuals who use our service, but will look at someone who has experience of working in a large nursing service.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will provide clear direction and be responsible for the day to day management of the support provided within the service. Your key responsibilities will include management and supervision of a great staff team, financial and health and safety management to fulfil our statutory obligations.
You will implement systems and procedures designed to promote positive outcomes for disabled people within the service, ensuring a flexible, proactive approach whilst meeting the desired outcomes of the people we support. You will manage the recruitment, selection and on-going training, development and performance of all staff in the service, to ensure achievement of national minimum care standard requirements.
This is a challenging yet exciting role, offering you the opportunity to bring your passion and enthusiasm to the largest pan disability charity in the UK, making a real difference to the lives of all our residents.
About you (please see the job description for full details)
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Have experience in managing nursing and care teams / supervisory or management experience in a care environment.
- Experience of a range of different departments such as therapies, transport, catering, administration, care and maintenance would be advantageous.
- Hold registration for this service.
- Have strong people and communication skills.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Ensure budgetary compliance.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
A satisfactory disclosures check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.