COVID-19 - The well-being of everyone is our highest priority. We will be using phone, Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom video calling to hold interviews for the foreseeable future.
This is a challenging yet exciting post, offering the opportunity to bring passion and enthusiasm to the largest pan disability charity in the UK, making a real difference to the lives of all our residents.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will provide clear direction and be responsible for the day to day management of the service including management and supervision of a great staff team.
Key responsibilities will include financial, health and safety management to fulfil our statutory obligations. You will implement systems and procedures designed to promote positive outcomes for disabled people, ensuring a flexible, proactive approach whilst meeting the desired outcomes of the people we support.
You will also manage the recruitment, selection and on-going training, development and performance of all staff in the service, to ensure achievement of national minimum care standard requirements.
In the town of Gerrards Cross in South Buckinghamshire, Chiltern House is a home for 22 adults with physical disabilities. There are shops, banks and restaurants nearby to enjoy, as well as great places for days out including Burnham Beeches, Windsor and Eton.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Experience in managing nursing and care teams / supervisory or management experience in a care environment.
- Experience of a range of different departments such as therapies, transport, catering, administration, care and maintenance (desirable).
- Registration for this service following successful appointment.
- Strong people and communication skills.
- Exemplary customer service.
- Ability to provide budgetary compliance.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Generous contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell (salary sacrifice).
- Discounted tariffs with 02.
- Access to great savings and discounts with major UK retailers.
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 6,000 employees, supporting over 30,000 disabled people across our global operations.
We offer an environment where you can be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.