IGOM are experts in operating, maintaining and optimising both our own and customers’ manned gas and biomass combined heat and power plants as well as merchant generators. IGOM provide heat and power direct to customer businesses, and the grid network. IGOM is also developing new build and plant upgrade opportunities and offers operation, maintenance and energy management services to new customers.
Right now we are looking for an experienced SHE Coordinator to join our team in to ensure the plant is operated safely and professionally. Your core responsibilities will involve supporting the site by providing professional safety support that includes carrying out coaching by means of behavioural auditing, safety dip checking and SHE risk assessments.
Your task will to be to positively contribute to the compliant and efficient operation of the plant, as well working closely with the Environmental team to assist in plans, audits and reports. . You will be playing a pivotal role in the operation of the site, having lots of involvement and input in to the implementation of the sites SHE management systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and make a huge difference to one of the world’s foremost energy suppliers.
What do we need from you?
- A NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- The capability to provide practical SHE advice and support
- Effective communication skills, including written, on a one-to-one basis as trainer or coach, and with groups of people
- The ability to influence behavioural change in staff at all levels
- Competence as a trained risk assessor across the full range of qualitative risk assessment areas
- The ability to carry out detailed incident investigations to establish root causes and provide robust recommendations to prevent future reoccurrence
- An ability to prioritise effectively and consistently deliver against tight time constraints
Here's what else you need to know
- Due to the nature of this role a CRC (Criminal Record Check) will be required.
- This can be based at either Castleford Thornhill (Dewsbury) or Sandbach but will involve travelling to all the sites.
- This is a fixed term contract for 11 months.