JOB TITLE: Shift Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Burton
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
Our Supply Chain teams play a vital role in getting our goods to consumers; from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing and delivering the end product. You could be finding a new way to get 12,000 litres of ice cream across the desert without it melting; or designing a more efficient distribution network to enable us to store and deliver our products sustainably to our customers. Our Global Supply Chain includes approximately 100,000 employees who work with over 70,000 suppliers and 1.5 million farmers. We manage a logistics network that transports across a distance of over 1.5 billion km a year.
In the UK & Ireland, we are home to the production of PG Tips, Magnum, Pot Noodle, Persil and many more. Looking forward, we want to embrace the digital revolution in order to build a more agile, integrated and synchronized Supply Chain. Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world and see the true impact that you’re having in the work you do. There’s always a new challenge to tackle and our people have the opportunity to make a big impact every day on a local level, across Europe and the world.
The role is based in Burton-Upon-Trent, proudly home to the production of Marmite and Bovril since the early 1900s. Since, the Burton Factory has expanded further to produce Hellmann’s, Colman’s and Pot Noodle Sachets. Onsite, there is a subsidised shop offering a selection of our Unilever products as well as free tea and coffee.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our famous Marmite site and become part of an enthusiastic and brand-driven team in the Burton-on-Trent Unilever factory.
Our site has undergone recent expansion with the addition of a new sourcing unit and we are seeking experienced individuals to drive our business forward in this exciting time.
We are recruiting Shift Engineers who are Preventative Maintenance and Focussed Improvement Specialists, engaged to optimise the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur, the multi-skilled engineer will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements.
- You will be a Preventative Maintenance and Focussed Improvement Specialist
- You will be responsible for optimising the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory
- When breakdowns occur you will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements
ALL ABOUT YOU
- You will have a NVQ L3 in Engineering and Post Apprenticeship skill level
- You will have had previous experience report writing, conducting data analysis and mechanical calculation experience
- You will be a decision maker - Makes and implements technical decisions which can impact the plan for the week.
- You will be a project manager - Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician with Programme Logic Control qualifications (Siemens S5/Siemens S7/Mitsubishi or Allen Bradley).
Instrumentation and Control Skills
- It would be an added bonus if you had experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
- If you have previous experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques then we want to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
SALARY – from £30,390 - £35,753 + 25% - 40% shift allowance
SHIFT – 4 on 4 off TBC
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.