Part time - 14 hours per week - spread over 3 days.
Plus some additional hours to cover holidays.
Like the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Like to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
We are the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. As the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK with around 7,000 employees, we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future and are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate in making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role
You will assist the Shop Manager in preparing the shop, ensuring stock and goods are presented in the best possible way. In addition, you will transact sales, accept gifts of goods for sale and ensure all takings are fully recorded and banked.
Overseeing volunteers working in the shop and deputising for the Shop Manager as required is also a requirement of this role.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships.
- Communicate effectively with a range of people and have a flexible approach to meet the needs of the service/ shop opening hours.
We offer pay which is fair and competitive in our sector and flexibility in structuring your package to accommodate your needs. Our wide range of employee schemes and benefits include:
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Choice to buy or sell annual leave, depending on needs.
- Contributory pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Access to cash health plan at very competitive rates.
- Discounted tariffs with 02.
- Cycle to Work – hire a cycle and / or accessories through our salary sacrifice scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including face-to-face counselling, as appropriate.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check / PVG membership (Scotland only) is required for this post.
This role will also have to sort and receive goods and decide which items are more suitable for LC online selling platforms. To research, (where appropriate) price, label and list items speedily and accurately.
Applicants must have good IT skills and have an understanding of online selling platforms.