Software Development Engineer
We’re a looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on a new initiative with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems As a Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools for the new central Reliability and Maintenance team.
You will be in charge of the complete software development life-cycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
· You will operate with globally distributed servers and customers.
· You will get the opportunity to help shape a new innovative team and improve Amazon's automation systems
· You will understand what it takes to grow and operate Amazon business at our scale.
Software Engineer to be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years professional experience in software development.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
· Proficiency in one of Java, Go,Python, Perl or another programming language
· Knowledge of CD/CI systems
· Experience working in a Unix based development environment
· Demonstrated experience automating and managing networks (automated provisioning, remote configuration, etc. ).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Machine Learning principles and applying them to generate predictive outputs.
About our rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.