Software Engineering Lead
Explore Solutions That Deliver Innovation
Powers compliant and assured client transactions to help build an interconnected, vibrant financial ecosystem. Through data and analytics that spans financial crime screening, payment services, and benefits compliance, we create unmatched confidence and efficiency for our clients to enable financial inclusion while identifying illicit financial activity and fraudulent players. If you share our values, take the opportunity to think big, aim high, and explore more
Software Engineer Lead
The role will focus on delivering innovative new features / products in a business operating at the forefront of digital data and intelligence for the global financial community. You will be working in a new team of specialist engineers within a fast paced and highly dynamic web development group with a commitment to continuous improvement and the adoption of best practices. The candidate chosen will work with their direct reports and alongside other team members in an Agile/Scrum environment. The candidate chosen will apply their technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills towards producing and maintaining high quality products and services for internal and external customers
- Responsible for leading an internal development team
- Initial point of escalation for software development issues within specific area of responsibility
- Work with our IT Leadership team to define strategic and tactical objectives.
- Lead the development of technical standards and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed
- Work in an Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements and design solutions for our system
- Utilize best practices and understand emerging trends
- Work directly with customers and end users
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services
- Performance management and development of direct reports.
- Software Engineering experience (Java/Open-Source platform)
- Managing direct reports and serving as subject matter expert for Software Engineers
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Skilled in software development methodologies (Agile, SDLC, etc.) and test-driven development
- Experience with services / APIs and microservices architecture (REST/Json, Swagger)
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS and/or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Spring Boot / Spring Cloud
- Expertise in data modeling, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, tuning, and leading industry trend knowledge.
- Understanding of data modelling principles.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Alongside, strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive
management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums. Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group Women in technology: LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group (RSG) is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26.2% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring Scheme for Women in Technology
- Women's Network Forum
- Women in Technology Employee Resource Group (ERG) RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter