Would you be interested in joining an award-winning academic publisher, with a flexible environment and innovation at our core?
We have two new permanent vacancies at Emerald Publishing, fantastic opportunities for Solutions Architects to join us at an exciting time of growth and innovation.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provides learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
This role joins Emerald Publishing, working within an Agile Delivery approach alongside the appropriate Product, BA, Development and Testing functions, you’ll join an expanding Architecture Team that provides, communicates and evolves the architectural roadmap and ‘guiderails’ to enable new features and capabilities within Emerald. You’ll need to ensure that all teams are aligned in technical direction towards the delivery of the companies’ vision and roadmap.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll take a lead in translating business and customer needs into application and infrastructure designs for products and services and internal business systems. Your role will also be to help Scrum teams, through the specification and implementation of a DevOps toolkit, ensuring successful implementation and delivery whilst also ensuring adherence to the agreed architectural design, and making sure that teams / squads have the right technical enablers for effective design, development and delivery.
Who We’re looking For:
- Experience with architecting solutions on AWS and ideally certification e.g. AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Expertise in architectural frameworks and ideally certification, e.g. AWS Well-Architected Framework / SAFe / TOGAF
- Architectural patterns including SOA and EDA
- Hands-On experience with at least some of our key technologies: AWS and key components (e.g. Route 53 / Cloudfront / S3 storage / DynamoDB), Java / Java Script, PHP, Terraform, Ansible
- Software solution architecture and design techniques, including evolutionary architecture
- Design and development approaches to meet non-functional requirements
- DevOps principles, tools & processes, as well as Agile development, Scrum and Kanban methodologies
What’s In It For You:
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Based at our head office in Bingley, you’ll also have access to a newly refurbished café, staff lounge, wellbeing room, free onsite gym, and as sponsors of Headingley Stadium you can receive free tickets to selected Rugby and Cricket matches.