Stagehand, Freelance Talent Pool - ITV Studios
Stagehand, Freelance Talent Pool
Closing date: Wednesday 29th September 2021
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity. We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area:
ITV Studios in MediaCityUK are looking to widen their pool of freelance Stagehands to join one of the busiest studios in the country. Producing shows like Countdown and University Challenge, we are looking for stagehands with experience of working in studios and a proven record of working to tight studio deadlines.
This role entails…
As a stagehand you will be following the Scenic Supervisor’s instructions and will work closely with the floor manager to ensure the smooth running of RX days. You will uphold safe working practices and ensure the correct erection of all set and props are used.
- Ensure all Rigging equipment is used correctly and is within the current test dates.
- Check all set pieces dexterity before erecting and especially if lifting.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with relevant Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the studio after each build and RX days.
- Ensure all access equipment is used in a safe manner.
- Repair and first line maintenance of any equipment and scenery that becomes damaged.
- Report any failures and breakages of equipment and scenery to Scenic supervisor.
- Adherence to studio etiquette and discipline.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- Relevant experience relating to rigging for the events or TV industry.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Experience working in a pressurised environment.
- Experience working in an environment similar to studios.
- This role will include manual handling as you will be expected to rig large and heavy scenery and unload trailers.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Counterbalance forklift license preferable.
- IPAF part 3a and 3b preferable.
- Ability to react positively whilst resolving problems under pressure in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrates tact and diplomacy in all relationships.
- Acts consistently, fairly and openly with respect for feelings of others and encourages similar approach in others.
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything... our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more here
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.