Stakeholder Engagement Manager - Airspace
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us as an Airspace Community Engagement Manager and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
Major changes to flight paths will be taking place across the UK in the coming years as the Government embarks on its Airspace Modernisation Strategy. Heathrow is at the early stage of this process of what will be the most significant change to the UK’s airspace in over 50 years. Heathrow plans to undertake these changes at the same time as its plans to expand the airport along with implementing other airspace changes before a third runway is operational. The expansion of Heathrow will also lead to changes to how the airport operates its future three runways.
Reporting into the Airspace Engagement and Communications Lead, you will support the delivery of Heathrow’s stakeholder engagement and community relations activity for all airspace issues.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Supporting the Airspace Engagement and Communications Lead in the delivery of effective community engagement on Heathrow’s multiple airspace changes and future runway operations over the coming years.
- Drafting responses to queries from residents, MPs and council stakeholders related to airspace change on behalf of the Chief Executive and the Executive Team.
- Supporting the Airspace Engagement and Communications Lead in responding to media queries on airspace issues.
- Managing key internal stakeholder relationships; including liaison with Airspace Strategy, Flight Performance, Airside Operations and Sustainability departments to ensure there is consistent messaging across the business on airspace issues.
- Supporting the Noise Community Engagement Manager at the Heathrow Community Noise Forum and working groups, with overall responsibility for airspace related agenda items.
- Supporting in the planning and implementation of airport tours and visits, for local and Government stakeholders, including producing briefing notes on how stakeholders are affected by airspace change, noise and flight paths.
- Working with Noise Community Engagement Manager to manage social media alerts and responses relating to airspace and noise issues.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a community-facing or stakeholder-facing role.
- The ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically at all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Ability to translate technical information into accessible communications
- Experience of dealing with matters of a sensitive nature and understanding of political context.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of airspace/operations/noise topics would be advantageous but not essential.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-EXPANSION