Stakeholder Manager -Fixed Term
Posted: 11 Sep 2019 Closes: 25 Sep 2019
We are looking for a Stakeholder Engagement Manager on a fixed term contract for a period of 14 months. As the successful candidate you will support the management of key stakeholder relationships both internally across HS2 and externally with a variety of political, business, specialist and community stakeholders. You will be part of a team committed to making sure HS2 acts as a good neighbour to communities and stakeholders along the route of the new railway.
About the role:
- Develop and deepen strategic relationships with stakeholders along the line of route, including Local Authorities, MPs and their constituency offices, local representative groups based in the communities the project will impact, and other identified key stakeholders.
- Proactively identify opportunities to engage key stakeholders in the project and work with colleagues across HS2 to plan and implement their involvement.
- Develop and maintain an overview of stakeholder and community issues, views and activities along the route, identifying and sharing key information across the business.
- Work with colleagues in the Community and Stakeholder Engagement Directorate and across other HS2 departments to ensure timely, coordinated and consistent two-way information flows between HS2 and identified stakeholders.
- Prepare clear and concise briefings, responses to reports, presentations for meetings, events and speaking appearances, and responses to requests for information for senior members of HS2.
- Manage correspondence with stakeholders on behalf of the Director of Community and Stakeholder Engagement.
- Provide advice and support to senior members of HS2 and their contractors regarding engagement with external audiences as required, ensuring information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
- An understanding and experience of developing important stakeholder relationships within the nuances of local community engagement and local politics
- Knowledge of how UK Parliament and Local Authorities work and appropriate engagement methods
- Ability to develop relationships and build trust amongst internal and external stakeholders, using diplomacy at every stage
- Influencing and listening skills
- Project management, organisational and planning skills
- Ability to analyse data, interpret changing environments and present briefings to a variety of audiences at various levels in the organisation
- Experience of working within or with Whitehall, Westminster or Local Government with an understanding of the political environment in which HS2 operates
- Experience of providing counsel across an organisation on stakeholder engagement
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
The role will require travel to HS2 offices located in Birmingham and London, and to areas along the route of the new railway.