Building the present, creating the future
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sub Agent to join our team in York developing and delivering Rail Enhancement Projects.
As Project Manager, you will be an integral part of the team throughout the project lifecycle. During construction you will be responsible for leading overall delivery or for the delivery of a significant element of the project.
Your key activities will include:
• Set a personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
• Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
• Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and supply chain.
• Adopt and promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
• Support the agent as required in operating the cost management system, the production of programmes and QF preparation.
• Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
• Adopt and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
• Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
• Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time.
• Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
• Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
• Successful experience at section engineer level.
• Thorough working knowledge of Company health safety quality and environment procedures.
• Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge.
• Completion of SMSTS.
What’s in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group’s ten operating companies. One of Europe’s largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.