We’re looking for three people to join us for 6 week paid internships in Summer 2021. You’ll start on or around 26th July. No prior work experience or knowledge of insurance is necessary – all you need is an interest in working with us and a desire to learn more about our industry.
We’re looking for three people to join us for 6 week paid internships in Summer 2021. You’ll start on or around 26th July.No prior work experience or knowledge of insurance is necessary – all you need is an interest in working with us and a desire to learn more about our industry.
As well as gaining valuable work experience and getting involved in the work of our Policy and Regulation teams, you’ll be running your own project so you have something tangible to take from your time here and you can have a real impact on our organisation.
We want you to get the most from your experience and our hope is that you’ll work in both in our London office and at home, depending on the continued lockdown easing. However, the assessment centre will be held 100% remotely.
For us, it’s the people that make our organisation a great place to work. By joining us, you’ll be joining a culture where 100% of colleagues feel the ABI care about their health and wellbeing and 99% feel colleagues within their team respect each other.
As well as getting involved with day to day business activities, you’ll have you own project to work on. You’ll be supported by a project sponsor and given the resources you’ll need.
Here’s an idea of the projects on offer:
· Long-Term Savings team: investigate expectations of commercial pensions dashboards. You’ll interview a range of stakeholders to understand their perspective and produce a report of your findings and recommendations.
· Health & Protection team: review and make recommendations on how we could develop the Health and Protection pages on the ABI website, thinking about how we can drive more traffic to these pages. You’ll also create and deliver a Health and Protection Newsletter read by industry professionals.
· Prudential Regulation team: gain exposure to international relations by researching different jurisdictional approaches to operational resilience. This will involve calls with key stakeholders and writing a report and presenting on the scope for an international position, with the potential to develop policy proposals.
We’re looking for:
There’s absolutely no minimum work or education requirements to intern with us. What’s important is your attitude to your work, your fellow colleagues and how curious you are about the world around you.
We’ll be looking at how you demonstrate our values, so its worth reading up on them here before applying.
Broadly speaking, we’ll be looking for:
· Curiosity and willingness to learn, ask questions and challenge your own thinking.
· Ability connect facts to draw conclusions and themes together.
· The ability to research a subject matter and then present your findings simply and in a way that’s accessible for your audience.
· Good relationship building skills and that you treat others as individuals and with respect.
· You to be proactive and take accountability and ownership for delivering high quality work.
· Solid writing skills with a good standard of written and spoken English.