(Rehabilitation) Support Worker
Full time, (Part time hours will be considered)
We are Leonard Cheshire – supporting individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability. We are at the heart of local life – opening doors to opportunity, choice and support in communities around the globe.
Like our founder, we believe that diversity creates a world of possibility. Through pioneering research and innovation we’re building a fairer, more inclusive society, one that recognises the positive contributions we all make, and we are all proud to play our part.
Leading by example, we empower people to live their lives as freely and as fully as they choose.
About the role
This role offers a challenging yet exciting opportunity to play a key role within a pioneering and innovative rehabilitation service, located in Belfast, which will provide high quality specialist support to people in NI with an alcohol-related brain injury (ARBI).
As a Rehabilitation Support Worker, you will have the opportunity to bring your passion and enthusiasm to the largest pan disability charity in the UK, making a real difference to the lives of our customers. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will support service users with an ARBI to rediscover and learn life skills to aid the progression towards rehabilitation, and the development of personal and community living skills through maximising the options available, encouraging choice, participation and motivation.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A level of professional development and registration as indicated by purchaser regulator or Leonard Cheshire (this may include Level 2 in Health and Social Care Adults/ Children or Young People, or Learning Disability or other similar qualification), dependent on location.
- Where driving is required, a full driving license,
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and be prepared to participate in an on call rota if required by the respective service
- Prior experience of providing personal care would be advantageous
- If working at a Support-at-Home (SAH) service, to be able to travel to cover work allocated on the rota and to use the service’s on – call system in accordance with the service guidance
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values
- Northern Ireland only – registration with NISCC is required for this role.
Experience and knowledge of positive behaviour support and/ or experience in working with individuals with complex needs (including Drug and Alcohol Use, Mental Health & Impaired Cognitive Functioning ) is essential.
We offer pay which is fair and competitive in our sector and a wide range of employee schemes and benefits to include
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Choice to buy or sell annual leave, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- 4% contributory pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Access to cash health plan at very competitive rates.
- Discounted tariffs with 02.
- Cycle to Work – hire a cycle and / or accessories (salary sacrifice)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including face-to-face counselling, as appropriate. A satisfactory Access NI disclosures check is required for this post.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.