Full time, days and nights
Mornings - 7am - 3pm
Afternoons - 2pm - 10pm
Nights - 9.30pm - 7.30am
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
Disability affects everyone differently. We need you to provide tailored day-to-day support to ensure the needs of the people who use our services are met in positive and creative ways. It’s a job that can be challenging at times, but this is balanced by the unrivalled sense of long-term satisfaction it also gives. It’s an opportunity to be creative and feel inspired, both by your colleagues and the people you support. It’s a career that you can feel proud of.
About the Role
Oakwood is an acquired brain injury unit based in Offerton, Stockport. You will be supporting individuals suffering from the effects of an acquired brain injury or associated neurological conditions.
Duties will include:
- Assistance with care and personal support,
- Daily living tasks or activities to customers in order to support them to attain their full potential, maximise options available and encourage choice, participation and motivation,
- Follow goals and interventions set by our therapists,
- Assist with medication,
- Keeping accurate records,
- Accessing the community with service users,
- Dealing with challenging behaviours,
- Maintaining health and wellbeing of service users,
- Moving and handling tasks,
- General cleaning duties
Full training will be given.
About you (please see the job description for full details)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be compassionate, creative, and honest and love working with people.
- To bring great positive energy.
- To work well as part of a team.
- To be flexible as we work shifts and weekend working is often required.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
You don’t need any specific qualifications or experience although experience of providing personal care is advantageous. You will however, need plenty of enthusiasm and passion for our work.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosure check DBS (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
Similar roles: Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant, Care Provider, Personal Support Worker, charity, not for profit.