Are you passionate about providing high standards of care and Support? If you share our passion to improve the lives of the people we support, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work as part of our dedicated workforce in Thurrock supporting adults with Learning Disabilities and complex needs.
Ideally, you will need to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting people with learning disabilities awareness of person-centred active support would be beneficial. You will contribute to the review of individuals support plans, be prepared to work as part of a team by sharing ideas and information and support and motivate service users to improve their confidence.
The ideal candidates will be highly person-centred, enthusiastic, motivated and committed in their approach to working with vulnerable people. In addition, we are looking for someone with good communication skills and some IT skills are essential. This work can involve challenging working conditions so awareness of Health and Safety good practice is essential. On-going training is provided and staff’s is encouraged to gain nationally recognised qualifications, such as a Diploma in Health and Social Care.
You will be required to participate in a shift system which includes evenings, night shifts (waking night shift and/or sleep-over shifts), weekends and bank holidays.
You will be required to drive the scheme vehicle so a manual driving licence is essential.
What we’d like from you:
• Good communication both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with people with learning disabilities using a variety of methods to meet the needs of the individual.
• To have a good level of numeracy to assist the service user to manage their finances.
• The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
• To understand and adhere to safeguarding principles.
• To be honest, reliable, punctual, flexible and able to work shifts that include weekends and public holidays
• To participate in staff meetings, training and other learning development
To view the location of the scheme please click on the following link https://binged.it/2z4IBN3
In addition to this we offer the following 'core' benefits:
• 21 days Annual leave
• Excellent Pension and life assurance scheme
• Advantage Discount Scheme
• Health and Wellbeing scheme
• Excellent training and development function
For this post the successful candidate will need to apply for or be in possession of a Enhance Disclosure Barring Service certificate (DBS) to enable them to work within the team. For further information about the Disclosure Barring Service please visit www.homeoffice.gov.uk
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.