Would you like to be part of Leonard Cheshire, a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people globally?
Full time, days and nights available, including weekends.
7.00am - 3.00pm
2.00pm - 10.00pm
9.30pm - 7.30am
COVID-19 - The well-being of everyone is our highest priority. We will be using phone, Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom video calling to hold interviews for the foreseeable future.
As a Support Worker/Healthcare Assistant with Leonard Cheshire you’ll provide a high level of care and support to vulnerable people, enabling them to live the life they choose. You’ll assist with daily tasks including personal care, medication and assistance at mealtimes, motivating and encouraging choice and participation.
Experience as a Support Worker, Care Assistant or Healthcare Assistant is essential. We offer an excellent training and induction programme.
In return we offer a great range of employee schemes and benefits, including generous annual leave, discounts for high street retailers, contributory pension scheme and so much more!
About the Role
Oakwood is an acquired brain injury unit based in Offerton, Stockport. You will be supporting individuals suffering from the effects of an acquired brain injury or associated neurological conditions.
Duties will include:
- Assistance with care and personal support,
- Daily living tasks or activities to customers in order to support them to attain their full potential, maximise options available and encourage choice, participation and motivation,
- Follow goals and interventions set by our therapists,
- Assist with medication,
- Keeping accurate records,
- Accessing the community with service users,
- Dealing with challenging behaviours,
- Maintaining health and wellbeing of service users,
- Moving and handling tasks,
- General cleaning duties
Full training will be given.
About you (please see the job description for full details)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be compassionate, creative, and honest and love working with people.
- To bring great positive energy.
- To work well as part of a team.
- To be flexible as we work shifts and weekend working is often required.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
* No agencies please *