Sustainability Electricity Engineer
Amazon Logistic is looking to hire an experienced, passionate, innovative, hands-on, customer-obsessed Sustainability Electricity Engineer to support the design of the physical E-mobility charger infrastructure across our EU wide last mile network.
The successful candidate will be part of the European Amazon Logistics Engineering team and support in close liaison with core stakeholders the design and planning of the most efficient charging infrastructure concepts for existing and future delivery stations. The Electricity Engineer will work with external power and electrical infrastructure providers on feasibility studies for power supply concepts and internal grid solutions. Finally, the owner of this role will support testing and commissioning of our charger infrastructure and help in defining service and maintenance solutions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate visionary leadership, critical thinking, self-motivation, ability to deal with ambiguity, love for contribution to a team goal. Personal inclination will be combined with engineering, planning, analytical skills and proven experience in managing large scale projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
· Planning and review site specific external and internal charging grid designs
· Point of Contact for power and grid provider for power and grid design
· Definition of standards for electric grid design in order to have modular/scalable solutions
· Analysis and optimization of power utilization for charger network
· Evaluation of alternative and modular power supply concepts
· Execution of analysis and testing of installed power supply solution
· Development and implementation of monitoring tools for internal charging grid
· Support in development of service and maintenance concepts (preventive and reactive)
· Collaboration with internal teams to provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, electrical layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets.
· Support commissioning of complex charger infrastructure
· 5+ year demonstrated Electrical engineering experience
· Proven electrical design experience
· Proven experience with energy industry public players like distribution network owner and regulators.
· Experience with industrial smart grid and/or complex electrical systems with various electrical equipment interacting in the same site.
· Relevant experience in more than one country in EU region (DE or UK mandatory)
· Experience with Total Quality Management
· Strong program management skills (PMP, six sigma and equivalent certifications are a plus)
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues, drive improvements, and implement preventive measures
· Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision
· Ability to support complex technical discussions with a variety of groups including software engineers, hardware engineers, technicians, and operators
· Pragmatic and hands on working style
· Engineering degree
· Candidates will be qualified in Electrical Engineering.
· Good analytical and organizational skills
· A self-starting team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
· Open and proactive communication in a multi lingual environment
· Ability to work under pressure
· Fluent in English
· BSC or MSc
· Knowledge of at least one other EU language is advantageous (German, French, Italian or Spanish)