SWO Product Owner
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day.
The Business Product Owner for the SWO (Service Work Order) tool will be a key member of the Central Functions ARC team, working closely with end users in Functions, with the IT&S Dev Ops team and with the Accenture and GBS support teams.
The individual will work closely with the IT&S Service Owner, who leads the Development Team, to ensure that the technical and business requirements are aligned and coordinated.
The role is responsible for managing the product backlog. Product backlog management includes clearly expressing product backlog items, prioritising the items in the product backlog to best achieve goals and missions, optimising the value of the work the development team performs, and ensures the development team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed.
The Product Owner leads the business SMEs and ensure that their work is aligned with the IT&S Service Owner.
The Business Product Owner is responsible for maximising the value of the product resulting from work of the Development Team.
- Works with Function SMEs, Process SMEs, outsourced service provider and Deployed Control team to embed new process & ways of working
- Works closely with Process SMEs and Product owners for Billing, T/W and Reporting to ensure SWO development fits into integrated solution
- Acts as Process/Finance SPOC for T/W in T/W CoP; works with GT One Product owner / GT One Process SMEs to ensure T/W product development meets Finance requirements
- Responsible for the backlog prioritisation strategy that is transparent and accepted by all stakeholders. Assists with future sprints planning
- Optimise value of the SWO tool - responsible for providing the vision for the product, identifying enhancements/ additional features informed by feedback gathered from user groups and the business benefits case
- Co-ordination with the IT&S Dev Ops team for support and product development - ensure business team has visibility of the SWO product performance (measures, metrics)
- Manage governance and Community of Practice on SWO (with Functional SMEs and Central Functions /Controllers) - create the product council, maintain connectivity between stakeholders and ensure connectivity with the Central Functions Recharge process is maintained
- Key interface between the Central Functions ARC team, the user groups in Functions / Regions and the IT&S support team
- Experience of Agile ways of working
- Experience in Upstream finance and project management
- Recent experience of leading process change delivery
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt
- Continuous focus on delivering value
- University degree
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation;
- Good technical understanding of digital technologies and how they can be leveraged to deliver outstanding customer experiences;
- Excellent understanding of digital tools
Responsible for delivering accounting and reporting services, using sound technical capabilities to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.