System Integration & Test Engineer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Working as part of our testing team at our Rugby offices.
Please Note: This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract role (Permanent)
To scope, manage, plan and deliver test and acceptance activities for all products, solutions and software / hardware enhancements allocated.
To coordinate and conduct testing against Airwave’s Network / Reference System and at customer sites as required.
To execute testing following the test governance process, document the test results. perform fault diagnostics and drive resolution.
To provide test and engineering support during deployment.
Principal Duties/Key Accountabilities:
· Implementation of the test strategy; test planning including scheduling, resources, configuration and equipment to support the activities required to deliver testing within time, cost and quality constraints.
· Adherence to Airwave’s test policies, processes and standards.
· O&M of test environments for which responsibility is held, ensuring all test equipment is ready for use and any defects are rectified.
· Ensure readiness for customer witnessed test events.
· Timely delivery of quality test documentation and reporting including test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports.
· To have a thorough understanding of customer requirements and the test basis to ensure contractual obligations are satisfied and customer acceptance is achieved smoothly.
· Management, co-ordination and execution of test activities to a level of quality expected by the public safety community.
· Manage local test schedules and deliver as per milestones.
· Accurately record test results and any observations ensuring actions are fully documented.
· Support fault diagnostics and the resolution of test related issues.
· Ensure testing is conducted in the most efficient manner without compromising on quality and timescales.
· Chair test meetings as required including TRR and TRMs.
· Provide recommendations to enable decision-making and report any risks associated with testing.
· Support handover to delivery and/or in-life support:
· The post holder is expected to be, or to become a subject matter expert in testing and one or more technical areas.
· Support the co-ordination to resolution of test issues/faults in liaison with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
· Accommodation of short notice requests and changes to planned Schedules/workload.
· Weekly / Monthly.
· Delivery of VV&T activities to facilitate customer acceptance.
· ITSQB foundation.
· ITIL V3 foundation.
· Proven practical experience of engineering & customer testing in an telecommunications/IT environment.
· Proven practical experience of field testing mobile IP data and voice communications systems and fault diagnostics.