We're hiring for a Systems Librarian on a 12 months fixed term contract to configure, test and implement policies and parameters in the sierra library management system.
In this role you'll:
- Design and conduct a systematic review of user/patron and usage-related tables and data in the Sierra library management system
- Agree priorities for immediate modification and implement the necessary changes to improve the user experience of online ordering
- Bring a broad perspective to the review process, including thinking creatively and imaginatively to identify, research and evaluate potential solutions beyond the Sierra system (e.g. the possibility of integrating of stock management / warehousing software with Sierra circulation functionality)
- Work closely with colleagues in the Library Systems Support team (Digital & Technology department) and from across Wellcome Collection throughout the project, ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are appropriately informed and consulted about changes to access workflows, and to ensure seamless integration of online authentication mechanisms with Sierra user/patron records
- Ensure that relevant learning, skills and knowledge are transferred to Wellcome's internal teams throughout the project
Experience & Skills
- Excellent understanding of the main functionality of library management systems, and high level of technical expertise and proficiency in relation to library systems administration, preferably with Innovative Interface's (III) Sierra and/or Millennium.
- Knowledge of MARC format and familiarity with library technology standards and protocols such as RDA and OAI-PMH, and with bibliographic record structures as they relate to library operations such as circulation and collection stock management.
- Project management skills: the ability to assess business proposals and develop, implement and test effective solutions, specifically for information technology proposals and projects
- Ability to demonstrate a breadth of perspective and an open-minded and creative approach to systems and workflow development
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages
- Experience in managing, implementing or integrating with discovery layers such as Encore, Primo etc.
- Familiarity with EZProxy or III WAM
Education & Qualifications
- Degree in library or information science, or relevant, equivalent experience working as a library systems professional
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. To make this happen, we need a working culture that brings out the best in all of us. Our four principles - we make it count, we act boldly, we stretch ourselves, we pull together - set out how we aspire to do things and what we should expect of one another. If you like the sound of them, maybe you'd like to work with us.