Talent Acquisition Advisor
This is your chance to join an airport that matters to millions. Heathrow is a city within a city – interesting and ever changing. As critical national infrastructure, we play a key role in keeping the economy moving by helping to facilitate travel and trade.
Joining us now means becoming a key part of our recovery, bringing challenges and exciting opportunities as you grow your career. In 2020, we went from welcoming 80 million passengers each year and flying to over 180 destinations, to focusing on helping to facilitate the transportation of vital supplies – like medicines – and repatriation flights for the UK.
We’ve not lost our focus on innovation throughout the pandemic, introducing contactless passenger journeys and UV robots to keep our airport clean and safe for colleagues and passengers. Our values remain strong. Our plans to decarbonise aviation and reach net-zero by 2050, and our continuous efforts to be a diverse and inclusive working environment, are at the heart of our organisation.
As we move through 2021, we have a strong plan in place to accelerate our recovery and build back better – a plan that our Talent Acquisition team is at the heart of. As a Talent Acquisition Advisor, you’ll play a crucial role partnering with the business to ensure we have the talent we need to deliver on our strategies now, and into the future. You’ll be managing the end-to-end recruitment process, delivering an exceptional hiring experience and translating our diversity and inclusion ambitions into results. It’s an exciting opportunity to join a business passionate about creating careers, not just jobs, with exciting plans for the future.
Your role will involve:
- Partnering with our Engineering, Solutions and Technology functions to manage specialist and managerial vacancies
- Developing trusted working relationships with People BPs, Reward and hiring stakeholders
- Delivering a great hiring manager and candidate experience, whilst ensuring all elements of the recruitment process are managed to the highest standard
- Direct sourcing to find the best and most diverse talent for our opportunities
- Championing our diversity and inclusion ambitions, to ensure that our talent and resourcing processes are both supportive and inspiring both internally and externally
These skills are essential:
- Previous experience delivering quality diverse talent to a business, whether in-house, through an agency or RPO
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management and influencing skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders
- Experience across key resourcing activities, including direct sourcing, attraction strategy, telephone screening and shortlisting
- Fantastic organisational skills, with strong attention to detail and familiarity with applicant tracking systems
- The ability to manage (and enjoy) a complex workload, multi-task and effectively prioritise activities
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience recruiting for Engineering and Digital/IT roles
- Expertise in assessment centre design and competency-based interviewing
- Qualification or experience in psychometric testing tools, such as Saville Consulting, SHL, Belbin, etc.
- At Heathrow, we’re passionate about supporting colleagues to develop their careers. If you meet our essential criteria but don’t have the ‘ideal’ skills yet, please rest assured that helping you to gain these will be a key part of the role
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll support you to grow your skills and help you to reach your full potential.
Agile working means that whilst Heathrow Airport is your contractual place of work, your role will dictate your working location. This means that you can work from home but will need to come to the airport for meetings, events and training at your own expense. Sometimes, you might need to come to the airport at short notice and therefore we require you to be based in the UK.
Traveling to work
At Heathrow, we will support you to find a sustainable way to travel to work. You can benefit from our dedicated cycle hub (including free bike servicing, access to a cycle loan scheme and discounts on purchases), discounted travel on Heathrow Express and some bus and coach routes to the airport, and help in finding someone to car share with (including a guaranteed free ride home in an emergency).
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality.