Talent Pool - Ecommerce Channel Manager
Talent Pool - Ecommerce Channel Manager
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
Customer Development (Sales) makes sure that shoppers can find our brands, wherever and whenever they want them. We are responsible for building and growing relationships with our customers, predicting tomorrow's shopping trends and identifying exciting new ways to make Unilever products stand out in a crowded market. CD is where it all happens; whether it’s working with Supply Chain to get stock on shelf at the right size, price and for the right shopper occasions, or with Marketing to drive new campaigns forward and selling to our retailers.
We care about our world, and our Customer Development team are a crucial part of decoupling our sustainable growth from our environmental impact. Working with our customers, they are the brand discriminators, predicting and guiding tomorrow’s shopping trends, as well as pioneering the role of business as a force of good in the world. We love what we do, and we focus on four pillars: Own it, Be different, Do what you say and ultimately love your customer.
The role is based in our UK & Ireland Head Office in Leatherhead. Located in the Surrey countryside, our office is home to a restaurant, a deli bar, a gym, a hair salon and a free Ben & Jerry’s bar to indulge in a tasty treat. You could be enjoying your lunch on our beautiful terrace in the summer, getting your hair trimmed, or letting off some steam in a personal training session! You can also find a subsidised shop offering a selection of our Unilever products.
“By clicking “apply” you will be joining our talent network through which we will be in touch about opportunities for this role in the future.”
eCommerce is a major growth and equity driver for Unilever
The Mobile smart phone has created the biggest retail disruption in a generation and the exponential growth of eCommerce. Amazon as one example alone, has grown from selling books to becoming the largest online retailer in the world with revenue of over $100B. Others are investing billions to catch-up, and leading Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturers are putting digital-eCommerce at the heart of their strategies. The shift from physical stores towards online ecommerce and new related e-business models, is exploding exponentially. Today consumers subscribe for ‘convenience’ delivered straight to their home; the rise of disruptive start-ups (Air BnB, Uber, Deliveroo) offering these services, is altering the business landscape and broadening the range of competitors we and our retailers must compete with to serve consumers. The development of new digital capabilities and skills in order to stay competitive in this space is business critical for Unilever to continue to be a win and lead in this digitally enabled world.
Who are We as an ecommerce & digital team:
- Unilever UK have been voted No.1 on the AGS survey for the level of insights and collaboration we bring and offer our strategic partners in services of our consumers
- We are a winning team delivering average annual growth of +15% which is both profitable and competitive – outpacing the market and our competitors
- The UK is the second largest market for eCommerce Globally, second only to China & we are the No.1 market for Grocery.com
- The UK is one of the most advanced digital markets powered by >81% penetration of smart phones in the UK and over 5 hours a day spent online.
As an eCommerce Channel Manager you will manage the Unilever portfolio on one or more of our biggest eCommerce customers, leading the eCommerce agenda for those customers, both internally and externally, to make sure we disproportionately win within this growing channel.
You will be the go-to for all things eCommerce for those customers. Accountable for the delivery of our growth targets (USG and Market Share Index), you will drive growth within these customers by understanding the shopper path to purchase, how our brands engage with consumers throughout this and by obsessing over how our brands appear online (Perfect Store Online).
You will need to build strategic partnerships with your customers to continue to develop our understanding and capability within this channel and to ensure Unilever is always two steps ahead of our competitors. In this role, you will be asked to excel in Category Management and put the shopper at the heart of everything you do. You will master managing complexity and making key stakeholders accountable for delivery. You will drive the digital agenda with our external partners and work closely with our retailer agencies.
You will lead internal digital transformation for those customers to create best in class OmniChannel plans and to upskill the wider organisation. Understanding Net Revenue Management, leading innovative digital marketing programs, pioneering data analytics, and being a strategic influencer are just a few of the things in your bag. You will manage 1-2 direct report(s) within this role and will be passionate about developing and bringing out the best in them.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- You’re a born leader: You love setting the tone and driving with a people first mantra, you’re the one people rally around would walk over hot coals for.
- You’re a strategy guru: Using the left & right sides of your brain to create a vision and give direction + purpose to a team of high performers give you energy.
- You’re a dot connector: Figuring out complex business challenges with limited to no precedent doesn’t faze you. You have the unique ability to think differently and pull the big picture and small details all together clearly.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Your eye is always on the prize and you have a history of blowing away targets. You know it’s an adventure you need to celebrate along the way.
- You’re a story teller: You wrote the book on how to give killer presentations to take people on the adventure with you. The idea of knocking out a TED talk puts a smile on your face.
- You’re a teacher: you have an insatiable curiosity and love to learn and share. You follow more podcast, vlogs and blogs than you can keep up with on a breadth of passions from technology, social science to technology, and you believe in the power of paying it forward to help others develop their potential
- You’re a change-maker: As a proud leader of the eCommerce growth engine, you’ll serve as an ambassador throughout Unilever and enable our success. You’ll also get the chance to make a difference in the world by integrating everything we do with our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan team.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Outstanding understanding of the shopper and the customer journey in the connected world
- Category management experience is a strong bonus
- Excellent influencing skills, the ability to influence and have impact, creatively craft and build brands and businesses
- Good understanding of a P&L, deliver monthly and annual business targets as well as judgement and insight to assess and build new business models
- Digital Experience will be a bonus
- Experience of managing and developing talent within and outside of your team.
- Proof of strong Judgement, Drive, and Influence is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.