Tax Compliance Specialist
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons. And building a diverse community reflecting the passengers we serve.
Our highly commercial approach means Finance and Procurement are both central to our success. Join us as a Tax Compliance Specialist, and you’ll soon see that the scale and complexity of our airport makes for incredibly interesting and challenging work. You’ll have the chance to get involved in a variety of projects, making sure they run profitably, efficiently and with our passengers and stakeholders front of mind. And with our expansion plans progressing well, this is a particularly exciting time to bring your career to Heathrow.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your role will involve:
- Preparation of the monthly Group VAT returns and quarterly VAT return, VAT month end accounting and reconciliation reports, and supplementary analyses
- Analysing and assisting with the preparation of the corporation tax returns, corporate tax month end, and year end reporting and forecasting
- Assisting in the preparation of the group’s PAYE Settlement Agreement
- Providing ad-hoc training to internal stakeholders and supporting the direct and indirect tax teams in relation to analysis and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with processes
- Assisting in the preparation of other ad-hoc tax reporting including SDLT, ATED, Short Term Business Visitors and Total Tax Contribution
These skills are essential:
- Experience of preparing VAT returns
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral are essential
- Flexibility and a willingness to work as part of a team to ensure compliance with processes
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Qualified/ Part qualified as a Tax professional or relevant HMRC /in-house experience
- Previous experience of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE and Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines across both indirect and direct taxes
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.