Tea Division-Customer Account Manager
Job Title: Tea Division-CAM UK
Work Location: Leatherhead
Job Type: Fulltime
Travel required: Limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
The Customer Account Manager will be responsible for developing inspiring, mutually beneficial customer growth plans, that will deliver growth, profitability, market share and agreed customer targets. They are key to inspiring, influencing and negotiating with key contacts to secure implementation of the plans. The CAM will consult and gain alignment from sales, marketing and supply to their customer plans. Providing accurate, right first time information to other functions internally (e.g. supply forecasts) or externally (e.g. NLF’s) will ensure success.
- Development, agreement and execution of the customer plans (e.g. JBP) both online and instore
- Distribution, NPD, Promo Offshelf, Online targets
- Delivering sales growth, market share & profitability targets monthly, quarterly, the half and FY.
- Cross functional customer engagement
- Customer investment, terms and CPI negotiations, compliance and resolution.
- S&OP forecasting targets
- Input into Business Planning & Processes (Cross Functional)
- Administration– pricing, rebates, NLF’s, promo proposals & trade terms.
- Purpose – Motivated by the purpose of NewCo
- Personal Mastery – Always brings their best self.
- Agility – Constantly curious and entrepreneurial.
- Business Acumen – Generates value for Customers and Unilever.
- Consumer Love – creates plans which deliver for our consumers.
- Passion for high performance – inspires others to greater heights
- Proven relevant Account Management experience
- Growth mindset & proven track record of results
- Developing and executing joint business plans with customers
- P&L Management experience
- Effective cross functional team working
- Numerate and analytical skills
- Inspiring & Influencing skills
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
The qualities we look for in you:
The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Tea Business: At this exciting time, we have announced our intention to separate the Tea Organisation into an independent business. As part of this separation process, we anticipate that this role will transfer to this independent business.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Lorna on Lorna.Cottrill@unilever.com