(Rehabilitation) Team Leader
Full time, 35 hours per week (Part-time hours will be considered)
We are Leonard Cheshire – supporting individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability. We are at the heart of local life – opening doors to opportunity, choice and support in communities around the globe.
Like our founder, we believe that diversity creates a world of possibility. Through pioneering research and innovation we’re building a fairer, more inclusive society, one that recognises the positive contributions we all make, and we are all proud to play our part.
Leading by example, we empower people to live their lives as freely and as fully as they choose.
About the role
This role offers a challenging yet exciting opportunity to play a key role within a pioneering and innovative rehabilitation service, located in Belfast, which will provide high quality specialist support to people in NI with an alcohol-related brain injury (ARBI).
As a Team Leader with Leonard Cheshire, you will have the opportunity to bring your passion and enthusiasm to the largest pan disability charity in the UK, making a real difference to the lives of our customers. You will motivate and supervise your team, ensuring the delivery of care, personal support, daily living tasks and activities to service users with an ARBI.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will assist staff in supporting service users with an ARBI to rediscover and learn life skills to aid the progression towards rehabilitation, and the development of personal and community living skills through maximising the options available, encouraging choice, participation and motivation.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Have a level of professional development and registration (i.e. NVQ/SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, L4 NVQ/SVQ in team leading or management.
- Be experienced in working within a relevant care setting.
- Have experience in supervising a team.
- Be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and prepared to participate in an on-call rota as required.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a full, clean driving licence to travel and cover work allocated on the rota (Support at Home roles only).We offer pay which is fair and competitive in our sector and a wide range of employee schemes and benefits to include
- Experience and knowledge of positive behaviour support and/ or experience in working with individuals with complex needs (including Drug and Alcohol Use, Mental Health, Impaired Cognitive Functioning) is essential.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Choice to buy or sell annual leave, depending on needs (salary sacrifice)
- Access to cash health plan at very competitive rates.
- Discounted tariffs with 02.
- Cycle to Work – hire a cycle and / or accessories (salary sacrifice).
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including face-to-face counselling, as appropriate. A satisfactory Access NI disclosures check is required for this post.
Please note it is intended that interviews will be held on the 1st November 2019.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.