Full time and Part time hours available.
Day Shift - 7am - 3pm and 2pm - 10pm.
Night Shift - 9.30pm - 7.30pm.
To also work weekends.
As a Team Leader with Leonard Cheshire you will motivate and supervise your team, ensuring the delivery of care, personal support, daily living tasks and activities to our customers. You will provide support to attain full potential, maximising options available, encouraging choice, participation and motivation.
About the Role
Oakwood is an acquired brain injury unit based in Offerton, Stockport. You will be supporting individuals suffering from the effects of an acquired brain injury or associated neurological conditions.
Reporting to the Deputy Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for supervising and supporting staff to fulfil their role as Support Workers.
- Ensure and monitor the safe ordering, dispensing, recording and storing of medications.
- Liaise with GP's and other external healthcare professionals
- To ensure staff understand and promote goals and interventions set by our Therapy team
- Complete regular Support Worker supervisions
- You will receive on-going training and development to build your skills, experience and career.
- Contribute to care planning and updating of Person Centred Plans (PCPS) and when necessary participate in reviews/MDT's
- Have a level of professional development and registration (i.e. NVQ/SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, L4 NVQ/SVQ in team leading or management.
- Be experienced in working within a relevant care setting.
- Have experience in supervising a team.
- Be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and prepared to participate in an on-call rota as required.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a full, clean driving licence to travel and cover work allocated on the rota (Support at Home roles only).
Please see the Job Description for further details.
In return you will receive ongoing training and development to build your skills, experience and career. We offer a great range of employee schemes and benefits, including generous annual leave, discounts for high street retailers, contributory pension scheme and so much more!
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
Similar roles: Supervisor, Team Leader, Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant, Care Provider, Personal Support Worker, Support at Home, Domiciliary Care, charity, not for profit.