Part time, 22.5 hours per week, days and nights.
Mornings 7am - 3pm
Afternoons 2pm - 10pm
Nights 9.30pm - 7.30am
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
Disability affects everyone differently. We need you to provide tailored day-to-day support to ensure the needs of the people who use our services are met in positive and creative ways. It’s a job that can be challenging at times, but this is balanced by the unrivalled sense of long-term satisfaction it also gives. It’s an opportunity to be creative and feel inspired, both by your colleagues and the people you support. It’s a career that you can feel proud of.
About the Role
Oakwood is an acquired brain injury unit based in Offerton, Stockport. You will be supporting individuals suffering from the effects of an acquired brain injury or associated neurological conditions.
Reporting to the Deputy Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for supervising and supporting staff to fulfil their role as Support Workers.
- Ensure and monitor the safe ordering, dispensing, recording and storing of medications.
- Liaise with GP's and other external healthcare professionals
- To ensure staff understand and promote goals and interventions set by our Therapy team
- You will receive on-going training and development to build your skills, experience and career.
- Contribute to care planning and updating of Person Centred Plans (PCPS) and when necessary participate in reviews/MDT's
About you (please see the job description for full details)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A level of professional development and registration as indicated by purchaser, regulator or Leonard Cheshire (this may include a VQ level 3 in Health and Social Care Adults/Children or Young people, or Learning Disability or L4 VQ in team leading or management or other similar qualification), dependant on location.
- Prior experience of working in a relevant care setting.
- Prior experience of supervising a team of staff.
- If working at a Support-at-Home service, to be able to travel to cover work allocated on the rota.
- A full, clean driving licence (if required to drive).
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and be prepared to participate in an on-call rota as required.
- Knowledge of people who use our services self-advocacy and empowerment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
- Computer literate
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check DBS (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Similar roles: Supervisor, Team Leader, Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant, Care Provider, Personal Support Worker, Support at Home, Domiciliary Care, charity, not for profit.