Technical Assurance Manager
To deliver the scope of HS2 MWCC work we are implementing a Systems Engineering approach. The System Engineering Team is responsible for developing and managing robust requirements, leading technical assurance, planning Validation, Verification and Systems Integration activities and providing configuration control for the integration and assurance frameworks of the project.
This role will be ultimately responsible for capturing acceptance criteria and planning the qualification strategy to enable HS2 to accept that the requirements and design intent being delivered by the SCSJV and its subcontractors meet the needs and objectives of HS2 at its sponsor.
The Technical Assurance Manager is responsible for:
- Develop the strategy, procedures, specifications and assurance plans for the technical assurance of the requirements and design intent being delivered by the SCSJV;
- Creating the technical assurance regime for the SCSJV;
- Application of the assurance activity, particularly in regards to change, design configuration control and capturing of design decisions.
- Engage with the SCSJV delivery team to capture or define acceptance criteria for design approval, demonstration of capability, acceptance of equipment and operability as appropriate;
- Engage with SCSJV and HS2 stakeholders to achieve the delivery of an efficient and effective assurance regime;
- Confirm and manage design and assurance requirements with subcontractors/supply chain;
- Undertake requirements and assurance activities including leading reviews, collating evidence and providing progress reports of SCSJV team, sub-contractors, supply chain and consultants;
- Maintain procedures, competence levels and systems for assurance management as used by the project.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent;
- Demonstrable ability to work with delivery teams, customer, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders;
- Demonstrable managerial capability with accountability for resources and task delivery;
- Demonstrable ability to deliver work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Demonstrable expertise in the use and application of assurance regimes in major projects;
- Proven track record in management and delivery of successful technical assurance of major schemes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Credible in building relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly;
- Well practiced in communicating technical proposals in an understandable manor for various audiences;
- Demonstrable ability to deliver work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.