Technical Evidence Advisor
As a Technical Evidence Adviser at HS2, you will and evaluate technical evidence relating to technical design decisions and support the secretariat duties at technical panel meetings through issuing Agendas and Minutes.
About the role:
- Produce technical evidence documents for internal and external use, including proposing challenges to evidence and confirming that appropriate controls are in place to manage agreed positions.
- Apply acceptance criteria for the evidence submissions including linkage to the design process, clarity of assumptions and context within the knowledge management systems.
- Generate reports to confirm that accurate and comprehensive records relating to the existence, configuration and modification history of requirements and design proposals are maintained.
- Provide guidance in the structuring, context and integrity of technical evidence used to support the hybrid bill, consultation events and other public facing events.
- Support the relationship with stakeholders and third parties in agreeing their technical evidence requirements and acceptance activity.
- Assist members of the Specification and Technical Assurance team to confirm the extent of evidence required and secure this in an efficient manner aligned to the agreed risks to the case.
- Assist in the management of the frameworks for evaluation of evidence submissions.
- General administration of meetings, (including maintaining the forward agenda, issuing agendas and meeting papers and compilation of minutes.)
- Experience of supporting management of projects which includes working with Sponsors, Regulatory Bodies and other stakeholders.
- Experience of minute taking and the preparation of documentation for meetings
- Experience in the preparation of technical statements and evidence.
- IT Skills, including full use of MS office suite or equivalent
- Analytical and report compilation skills including running reports from IT systems and spreadsheets
- Ability to influence and work with a range of stakeholders, both internally and externally and across multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to produce and present documents and reports to a variety of audiences, including internal stakeholders at various levels in the organisation
- Independently manage workload and deliver work to agreed deadlines
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.