Technical Operations Manager
Content Delivery Technical Operations Manager
Content Supply & Distribution
6 Month FTC or Secondment, Full-Time
Closing date: Friday 23rd October
Why you should join us...
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in... and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
The Content Delivery team is ITV’s in-house Content Servicing provider with the capability to digitise tape and film from our Archive, capture our live content for delivery onto The ITV Hub and provide editing work and quality control. It services linear, GE, P&D, Clip Sales as well as external customers. Ensuring that this team is up to date with the relevant skills and technology to service the business and grow revenue where opportunities arise is vital to the success of this team.
This role entails...
Managing the technical operations team on a day to day basis, assigning tasks and driving process improvements for the rest of the Content Delivery Department.
Some Key Responsibilities:
● Responsible for day to day management of the Content Delivery Tech team and working with the Head of the Department to ensure weekly rostering of tasks.
● Ensure projects are progressing within the tech team, that work is reported on and prioritised accordingly.
● Train and oversee development of the Tech Ops team to problem solve, troubleshoot and carry out basic maintenance wherever possible to ensure uninterrupted service for the wider Content Delivery department.
● Exploring new or replacement technology to ensure the growth of the wider Content Delivery department.
● Explore areas of resilience for Content Delivery and focus on new technologies and processes to drive improvements throughout the department.
● Management of any technical issues and ensuring escalation to the Head of Content Delivery as appropriate to ensure smooth operations running within the wider Content Delivery department.
● Feed into weekly and monthly management board reporting, providing data and statistics where required.
● Manage the performance of the team by keeping development trackers up to date, through monthly 1-2-1’s and quarterly Talking Performance meetings.
● Ensure mapping and schematics of the machine room is kept up to date, and changes are tracked and monitored.
● Collaboration with the Content Delivery Manager to ensure documentation is up to date for processes within the wider Content Delivery Department.
● To lead on projects within the Tech team and see to completion; provide full research, analysis and risk assessments where necessary.
● Will be required to support the operational team and carry out operational tasks at times.
● A full understanding of all the processes such as Film transfer and restoration, TCC, file ingest, DVD’s, HD and SD tape duplication, line feeds and any other services provided will be critical for this role.
● Providing framework and support to facilitate the transfer of all media assets to a variety of formats maintaining the highest possible technical standards.
● Working closely with the rest of Content Operations as well as Creative, CDT, Content Management and GE amongst other stakeholders and clients to ensure content is transferred, transcoded and delivered where and when required.
● Manage stakeholder expectations with excellent communication throughout projects and initiatives.
● Provide framework and support to ensure at all times the highest possible standards of customer service to both internal and external clients.
● To help maintain best practice for optimum efficiency and value of the department’s equipment & infrastructure.
● Provide support to the Head of Content Delivery and Controller of Content Services.
● Excellent standard of work and a passion for the role, department and company are key in this role along with a desire to grow the business.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
● Key point of contact for Head of Content Delivery for pulse checks on what is going on at any stage in the day.
● The ability to manage stressful situations and ensure the team are supported and guided through issues that arise.
● Ability to line manage, develop, engage and motivate a team, offering feedback and training for direct reports.
● Ability to prioritise and delegate appropriately at all times especially under times of pressure.
● Understanding of common file delivery methods and transcoding processes to ensure standards and client requirements are met.
● Technical Quality Checks to be carried out on content in order to ensure highest quality of work is provided.
● A high level of understanding of the Broadcast and Online standards and formats/equipment and computer-based editing systems.
● Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach and to cross disciplines as and when required; adapting to changing priorities & requirements and revising working practices to deliver innovative solutions.
● Willingness to undertake training in emerging technologies as appropriate and share experience and working knowledge with colleagues to maximise the team’s capability.
● Willingness to undertake training in soft skills required for line management.
● Ability to analyse and solve work-related problems in an effective way, finding solutions to previously un-encountered problems.
● Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers both within and outside of ITV.
● Good organisational skills with a keen attention to detail.
Closing Date & Salary: Friday 23rd October
Internal use:If you want more information regarding this role please feel free to email TalkingCareers@itv.comFind out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you andprovide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out more here. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support... our email is firstname.lastname@example.org