Posted: 9 Sep 2019 Closes: 23 Sep 2019
SALARY: £23,800 + £6,000 shift payment & generous pension
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our famous Marmite site and become part of an enthusiastic and brand-driven team in the Burton-on-Trent Unilever factory.
Our site is going through expansion with the addition of a new sourcing unit and we are seeking experienced individuals to drive our business forward in this exciting time. Unilever is world renowned for its brands from PG Tips, Persil, Comfort, Dove, Knorr, Hellman’s and Pot Noodle all manufactured at our UK sites.
We are looking for a Technical Operator who have a technical or hands on background such as; engineering, machine maintenance, plant maintenance, factory maintenance, ex forces and mechanics and are confident at working with machinery, identifying any problems and solutions focused making sure that production machinery is fully optimised and functional. You will work individually and as part of a team on any maintenance work reporting into the Team Leader while on shift.
Unilever Burton offers great opportunity for training to develop further skills and remain up to date with changes. We promote a continuous improvement approach both to the workplace and career/personal development and as such deliver a fantastic benefits package along with salary.
- NVQ level 3 in Engineering or other technical background at Post Apprenticeship level
- Must be able to work on a 3 or 4 shift rotating pattern with some weekend working
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses etc
- DEVELOPING Technical Operator Level- Experience as a Technical Operator in current organisation with a recognised engineering qualification e.g. NVQ2
- Experience operating at relevant Technical Operator level or as a Single Skilled Mechanical Engineer.
- Microsoft Office experience – basic understanding and use of Excel spreadsheets, Outlook and Word
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company.
- SAP experience
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.