Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Permanent, full time roles
Based at either Sidcup, Kent DA14 5HU or Stratford, London E15 4PH
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000pa depending on experience
Closing date: 29th March 2020
Interview dates: Telephone interview 3rd April 2020 followed by a F2F on either the 7th or 9th April 2020
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Project Managerto join L&Q at a very exciting time where we will invest, grow and transform our business to provide a better service to customers old and new. This is an exciting time to join the IT team as we move forward to utilise Cloud Services, SD-WAN technology, whilst also upgrading our telephony systems to utilise Teams calling which has been rolled out as part of our move to O365.
The Technical Project Managerwill report into the Technical Project Lead. The Technical Project Manager will be accountable for planning and implementing projects within the Cloud & Infrastructure team taking responsible for organizing and controlling specific project elements such as budget, procurement plans and tender from initiation through to delivery.
The role is specifically aligned to the Enterprise Services and Security function, who’s focus it is to delivery infrastructure related projects whilst maintaining exceptional service to all customers, internal and external to the business. The team is predominantly based in the Cray House Sidcup office (which has a large 500+ space carpark), but we do offer flexibility to work from both offices and on occasions working from home once established in the role.
The Technical Project Manager will:
· Provide oversight to and planning of projects to support maintenance and change activities
· Ensure project governance processes are adhered to, collaborating with stakeholders to ensure there is cross-functional representation; cross-functional partnership to remove impediments; accurately reports on comprehensive project status weekly
· Provide project leadership and accurately reports on project progress relative to schedule, scope, budget, and quality
· Create Procurement Plans, tender documents and perform other procurement related tasks.
· Perform Business Analysis duties if required
Skills and Experience:
· Expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Visio are preferred
· Proven history of managing technical projects in a hybrid/agile framework
· Experience working on medium to large infrastructure projects
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of users and with management
· Ability to comprehend technical subjects including systems architecture, as well as document/translate the basic meaning behind these subjects
· Knowledge of ITIL framework is preferred
· Project Management certification preferred
· Strong influencing, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
· Procurement Plan experience preferred but not essential