Posted: 21 Sep 2020 Closes: 21 Oct 2020
Our piling and foundations division provides internationally recognised geo-technical engineering solutions to the UK construction industry and beyond. We have bought new ideas and technology to projects like HS2, Crossrail, The Gherkin and the Amsterdam Metro. As part of our global community of experts, you'll be working on some of the world's most exciting civil engineering projects.
Currently we are looking for a Technician to join the team based at our HS2 Lot S1 East Euston Approaches Project located near London Euston Station. Piling works are due to commence in November 2020 and completion is targeted for early 2023.
As Technician you will manage contracts, under the guidance of the Site Engineering Team, to ensure that client needs are met, all health and safety and environmental standards are adhered to, and work is completed to tender
• Ensure Safety on our sites is maintained to the Company and Legislative Standards in accordance with our Company Health and Safety Policy
• Liaise with Clients / Engineers / Main Contractors during the progress of our works. Specific contracts may involve liaising with the public / local authorities / building controls.
• Ensure the correct design information has been checked in accordance with the Quality Procedures.
• Ensure that all relevant contract information is conveyed to the Construction Supervisor, in writing, prior to contract commencement.
• Liaise with the Construction Supervisor and the Resource Manager, and the Procurement team to ensure that the correct internal and external resources, and materials are used to undertake the project.
• Studying towards a relevant Civil Engineering qualification (HNC/ HNC/ Degree or equivalent)
• Good working knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation
• Piling experience desirable
• Good teamwork skills, encouraging co-operation between individuals and groups, and earning the respect of others
Please note that the role advertised has a target start date of early November in accordance with project programmes, this may however be subject to change depending on specific requirements closer to time.
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: email@example.com
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic - we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular