Technology Delivery Lead (Infrastructure)
This is your chance to join an organisation that matters to millions. Heathrow is a city within a city – interesting and ever changing. As critical national infrastructure, we’re playing our part in keeping the economy moving by helping to facilitate travel and trade.
Joining us now means becoming a key part of our recovery, bringing challenges and exciting opportunities as you grow your career. In 2020, we went from welcoming 80 million passengers each year and flying to over 180 destinations, to focusing on helping to facilitate the transportation of vital supplies – like medicines – and repatriation flights for the UK. As we move into 2021, we have a strong plan in place to accelerate our recovery and build back better.
We’ve not lost our focus on innovation throughout the pandemic, introducing contactless passenger journeys and UV robots to keep our airport clean and safe for colleagues and passengers. Our values remain strong. Our plans to decarbonise aviation and reach net-zero by 2050, and our continuous efforts to be a diverse and inclusive working environment, are at the heart of our organisation.
The purpose of the Technology Team at Heathrow is to transform Heathrow through innovative use of technology. We provide the foundational aspects of technology that enables Heathrow to drive efficiency and maximise the opportunities to exploit the use of Technology. We develop ideas and business opportunities into Technology choices that enable Heathrow ambitions. We work with a number of internal teams and suppliers to co-create a high performing organization going beyond the provision of technology.
Your role will involve:
- Ensuring IT capability required to enable Heathrow to achieve business priorities, is successfully delivered by our supply chain partners
- Working with key partners to understand and define the business needs and deliver benefits and outcomes to the business
- Supporting the creation of the business case ensuring business benefits and critical success factors are clearly identified
- Ensuring risks to the successful delivery of the business outcomes have been identified and mitigation plans are in place
- Planning and establishing appropriate project governance including presenting at the appropriate investment decision making forums
These skills are essential:
- Previous experience of leading the delivery of a portfolio of multiple projects of multi-million-pound value using agile and waterfall delivery methodologies
- Validated experience of delivering projects in highly complex and fast pace environment
- Accountability for all aspects of project delivery including financial management and commercial negotiation
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of working either in aviation, logistics and/or regulatory environment
- Experience of successful engagement with senior and challenging internal and external partners
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.