Temporary Works Manager
Overall accountability for the SCSJV temporary works design and drawing works, in line with CDM requirements, the construction programme, all applicable standards and HS2 requirements to provide safe and cost effective temporary works designs.
**This position is based at West Ruislip**
- Leading the Temporary Works Design (TWD) team in compliance with current CDM regulations, as well as all applicable standards, requirements of H&S and environmental policies.
- Development, implementation, management and in-time submission of the TWD programme, design requirements, deliverables schedule, deliverables, drawings and reports.
- Responsible for the technical assurance of all temporary works design as part of the SCS technical assurance process, confirming that relevant design checks and reviews are carried out and check certificates are issued.
- Responsible for value engineering, design optimisation and regular cross disciplinary TWD reviews with integration of all project team disciplines and PWD.
- Management and integration of TWD input and TWD of subcontractors and 3rd parties.
- Integration of the TWD into Permanent Works Design (PWD), construction planning and methodologies to deliver value for money, cost effective design solutions and optimisation of the construction programme and cost.
- Liaison with Permanent Works Designer and the Technical Design Manager to resolve issues of construction method and buildability as necessary.
- Driving innovation in TWD, including investigation, evaluation and integration of best practice and innovations from all SCSJV partners and the supply chain.
- Engaging and managing input from back office resources and specialists to provide TWD development based on best practice, global expertise and latest technical developments.
- Fostering Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in the TWD team and ensuring collaborative working, the right behaviours and culture within the TWD team and with HS2, subcontractors, suppliers and any other third parties.
- Liaison with the Design Project Manager and Stage One Coordinator to employ competent TWD designers, engineers and CAD technicians, as well as providing training and guidance for the TWD team.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners’ Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- In addition to the above discipline role, the Temporary Works Manager must carry out his/her duties in accordance with the SCSJV Core Values.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Degree in civil engineering with focus on infrastructure design or similar
- Preferably chartered engineer and/or CRE
- Thorough experience in a senior role in temporary design and permanent design works
- Familiar with submission of deliverables in high quality on time, drafting of technical reports and buildability reviews
- Network Rail Interface experience is an assed
- Experienced in working under British CDM regulation
- Thorough knowledge of relevant British and EU standards and codes
- Experience as design team leader are an asset with strong communication skills
- Relevant CSCS Card
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.