At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The ESN Test Department is responsible for the Testing of ESN Systems & Services within the ESN Programme. The Test Team is a multi-site team; the open position is based out of Basingstoke but will afford some flexibility for home working.
Please Note: This role is for a 12 Month FTC (Employed)
The role will report to the Test Manager.
- Work closely with other people within the test organisation.
- Work closely with Motorola suppliers and testing partners to ensure tests are performed efficiently and effectively.
- Work as required with the Home Office (client) in Formal testing, also reporting.
- Provide reports to senior managers.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
The key responsibilities of the PSCS Test Engineer vary during the lifecycle of the Project;
- Test Planning, Script Creation , Dry runs and test execution of test events.
- Provide technical support for the deployment of the project
- Automation of test scope using selenium frameworks or appium or existing automation tools e.g. Accuver, IXIA test platforms for PTT testing
- Timely detection and resolution of deviations from the scope of work and the project plan timelines
- Delivery of test execution for all types of testing , e.g. Functional , Performance and Non functional testing (F/O , DR)
- Issue logging , investigation and root cause.
- Ensuring compliance with project processes and project plan are adhered to
- Proactively reporting back into the organisation and escalating where appropriate
- Interface into internal MSI product teams and suppliers for alignment of requirements and deliverables
- Responsible for interfacing into product team counterparts to ensure service products meet requirements
- Development of solution test cases and customer acceptance testing activities in a public safety environment
- Carrying out dry run and customer witnessed testing of a solution in line with Motorola Test Strategy and Approach
- Identifying, classifying and recording test Issues (defects) identified during test execution
- Working closely with the Test Issue Manager to ensure that any test issues encountered during dry-run or customer testing are investigated and resolved following Motorola’s Test Issue Resolution Process
- Participating in regular Progress Reviews and identifying risks, issues and lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and Test Manager
- Inputting to and updating the Test Management Tool
- Working closely with the engineering management, other design, build, test engineers and project managers.
- Testing experience in comms/engineering focused, potentially within a major telecommunications project environment.
- Familiarity within Core Network Nodes and 4G/LTE Technologies.
- In-depth working knowledge of public safety Private Mobile Radio/Wireless technologies and techniques.
- Understanding of automated test tools (IXIA,Accuver & XCAL tracing tools) and LTE over-the-air network simulators. Test automation coding using Java or any other language.
- Experienced in the operation and interaction with the HP ALM (Quality Centre) Test Management tool; ideally v 11 or above.
- Apply a good understanding of industry standards and associated test types and select as appropriate.
- Experience with Iterative development and associated testing processes.
- Experience with creation of regression/re-testing packs - potentially automated.
- Actively contributing to on-going improvement to internal test processes.
- Proven ability to multitask, work toward, and achieve concurrent project goals and thrive within pressured working situations; potentially with only minimal direct supervision, but always within a team environment.
- iSTQB Accreditation.
- Good communication skills and confidence to present solutions to potential customers
- BS, BEng or higher Degree in an Engineering or Telecoms related subject.
- In-depth understanding of public safety voice and data communications solutions
- Expertise in public safety communications services and command and control systems used by the Emergency Services would be highly advantageous
- Expertise in public safety communications services used by the Emergency Services;
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure needed for communication systems;
- Hands-on experience with Network Analytics Tools.
In order to apply successfully, you must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. The candidate will ideally already hold a current UK Security Clearance, or be willing to undergo Security vetting, following a Baseline Personnel Security Screening (BPSS) check.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline - mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready - in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.