The Testing Officer is responsible for planning, delivering and monitoring an intelligence-led and risk-based testing programme for athletes in line with the International Standards and the Operations Directorate Business Plan.
To plan, deliver and monitor an intelligence-led and risk-based testing programme for athletes in line with the International Standards and the Operations Directorate Business Plan.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, delivering and monitoring the Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) testing programme against UKAD’s Test Distribution Plan (TDP)
- Coordinating cost effective urine and blood testing missions within the Testing team
- Operational decision-making responsibility on allocated projects of the Testing team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in an area relevant to the position, for example, sports science
- Have an understanding of the ABP programme and the variables that can affect an athletes ABP
- Demonstrable experience of planning and organising type roles and minimum of 1- year experience in anti-doping environment or comparably sensitive environments
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management to effect change and enhance programmes
- Understanding of anti-doping rules and policies
- Interest in and knowledge of sport and how it functions in the UK
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel and must possess a high level of numeracy
- Experience in the use and maintenance of IT systems and the management of database systems.
- High level planning skills with the ability to work to multiple tight deadlines within a time pressured environment, producing high quality results
- Ability to successfully develop and manage positive working relationships with a network of internal and external stakeholders in an anti-doping, or similarly challenging, environment
- An effective communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to use high level negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to balance and prioritise a demanding workload, remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and use initiative
- Good attention to detail, high level analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to calculate risk and take decisive action
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one days annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
- Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
- Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
- Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
- One working from home day per week after successful completion of probationary period
- Eye care Vouchers
- Government Pension Scheme (LPGS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary.
To apply please complete a UKAD Application Form, Criminal Convictions Declaration Form, Conflicts of Interest Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which can be found at https://www.ukad.org.uk/vacancies/testing-officer, outlining how you meet the person specification and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00, Monday 9 September 2019.
CVs and/or cover letters will not be accepted.
Please note: The place of work for this role is currently Fleetbank House, London. UKAD is intending to relocate many of its roles to offices on the Loughborough University Campus in the future. We are currently looking at which roles this will affect but no decision has yet been made. There will be an opportunity to discuss this further if you are invited for interview.