Trainee Assistant Script Editor - World Productions, 12 Month FTC
Trainee Assistant Script Editor
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: 19th February 2021
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area:
Since 1990, World Productions has produced over 300 hours of critically-acclaimed, award-winning drama for the BBC, ITV, Channel4, HBO & Sky, with shows in development across all broadcasters and platforms. In 2019 we were voted production company of the year by the TV industry both at the Broadcast awards and the Edinburgh TV festival.
Most recently, productions include The Pembrokeshire Murders for ITV which was watched by more than 11m viewers, making it the channels biggest new drama since 2006, and Save Me Too which was Sky’s most downloaded show during the 2020 lockdown. In 2018, award winning Bodyguard was the most watched TV drama since records began, and the following year, Line of Duty was the most watched TV drama of 2019.
This role entails…
The ITV Production Training scheme is a 12 month fully paid programme for new entrants to TV. The aim is to home grow exceptional talent and give the training needed to kickstart a long and successful career in TV.
There will be placements with 11 ITV Production Companies both scripted and non scripted based across the UK. The Programme aims to attract candidates from backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in the industry, including those from a lower socio economic background, those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities and disabled people. We also welcome applicants who have some life experience, be that college, university, a few years of working already under their belt, with the maturity to make the most of this opportunity, and this opportunity is also open to those to whom the apprenticeships are closed (eg University graduates and anyone who has already done a media related qualification).
Some Key Responsibilities
The Trainee Assistant Script Editor will shadow colleagues in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the Script Editing process across a full slate of diverse and original projects. As the training progresses the role-holder will be required to undertake tasks proactively and without full supervision.
- Researching and delivering well-written and concise briefs.
- Reading draft television scripts and writing notes for Script editors.
- Liaising with book scouts and writing coverages as required.
- Contributing editorially to development meetings.
- Helping to identify new talent and uncovering original and fresh projects.
- Taking, finalising and issuing notes of meetings.
- Maintaining and updating the development logs and databases.
- Handling the diaries of senior executives.
- General running activities.
- Organise meetings.
Ultimately: To proactively undertake responsibilities relating to the Script Editing process.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- A demonstrable passion for TV drama.
- A knowledge of the TV development process.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of what is required when researching, taking meeting notes, summarising books, and giving notes on draft TV scripts.
- A demonstrable interest in TV scripts and the scriptwriting process.
- A proven ability and experience in working across a variety of software programmes and databases.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Closing Date: 19 February 2021
Find out more about our benefitshttp://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working - offering support and options to provide you with the right environment/work/life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out more here. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support. our email is email@example.com