Transformation Division Technology Risk Senior Specialist
Please note - The salary guide for this role is £55,800 to £105,480 per year, depending on experience.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading Digital Bank and biggest mobile bank with nearly 14 million active online customers across our three brands. Now that we have already created the market leader in digital banking, we are on a journey to create the bank of the future, for which we are investing £3bn across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers.
In COO Business Risk we help to deliver the Group's vision by executing day to day risk, control and monitoring related activities, focusing on Operational, Compliance and Conduct Risk. We are a first line of defence control function, responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective control framework, ensuring each business area is measuring, monitoring and controlling risks within their areas of accountability.
A key part of how we keep the Group safe is by embedding a strong risk and control culture across the business. The world is constantly changing and we have to continue to adapt and respond to new risks and heightened regulatory interest in areas such as IT Resilience, Cyber Security, Codes of Conduct etc.
Do you have extensive experience in leading delivery in a technology risk function?
If so, we're currently looking for an experienced Senior Technology Risk Specialist to join our team based in either London, Bristol, Manchester, Halifax, or Edinburgh.
You could help make it possible...
You'll analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop policy recommendations, and challenge and advise the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled.
What would you be getting involved with?
- Educating the Business Unit(s) leadership team and facilitating the identification and proactive management of regulatory risks and controls.
- Provide insightful information, mentorship and advice which enables business area to gain a full understanding of the implications linked to their decisions.
- Challenge and provide input into new agile approaches being explored by LBG and performs risk review, ensuring they remain within Group's risk appetite.
- Dedicatedly lead, develop and maintain intra-group relationships across the Three Lines of Defence, e.g. Group Risk, Group Audit, to optimise results in areas of common interest.
- Undertake independent IT risk assessment activities and agree management actions with senior IT / business stakeholders to address issues identified.
- Be recognised by peers as a highly capable individual with the gravitas to act as a representative for the area.
- Lead a programme of Digital technology platform and significant projects risk reviews with a focus on timely completion to support material risk mitigation and reduction within the business area, ensuring the LBG Risk Management Framework requirements are met.
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- You'll need to have strong practical experience of leading delivery in a technology function covering a variety of key skill areas, including some of the following: Digital architecture; Cloud technologies: DevOps; Software engineering; Agile and waterfall methodologies and approaches; 3rd party supplier governance; IT resilience; Incident management
- You'll have leadership experience and be confident in leading and developing a team.
- You'll demonstrate a deep understanding of application / architecture controls environment and leads on discussion with key business stakeholders on IT control testing outcomes and action plan requirements and ensures risk remediation is timely, comprehensive and achieves action plan objectives.
- You'll have experience of various agile delivery methodologies and the associated risks, with the ability to challenge and input into them.
We believe in supporting colleagues to achieve their potential - delivering the best outcomes for customers and society. And our scale enables us to offer genuine opportunities to have a fulfilling career, whatever your ambitions.
Making you feel valued is important to us so we offer a highly competitive reward package - based on acting responsibly, and demonstrating our values and ethics. In addition to the salary you can expect the following as part of your total reward package:
- On target discretionary performance-related bonus
- 4% of your salary paid to you in flex cash
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Car or cash allowance
- Life assurance
- Private medical care
- Share schemes
- Contributory pension contributions
Do you want to be part of an inclusive, values-based culture, passionate about making a difference? If you aspire to work in an innovative, digitally-led environment that moves at pace, join us for our journey and we'll help you fulfill yours.
We need talented people like you if we are to continue to innovate, collaborate and adapt to meet the on-going needs of our customers. Come and be a part of a Group that wants to be known for putting the customer first; a company that keeps it simple; a place where we make a difference together. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.