This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons. And building a diverse community reflecting the passengers we serve.
As a Trolley Operative, you’ll help us to make every journey better. You’ll do that by being the face of our organisation. You’ll keep things flowing smoothly; you’ll instinctively understand what makes different people tick. Life in this team means being friendly, focused and helpful. You’re the kind of person who steps in before you’re even asked. And because we want you to feel engaged and happy, you’ll have all the training and support you need to be at your best and grow your skills, whether that’s in Customer Relations or any other part of our business.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your role will involve:
- Participating in all movements of trolleys across Heathrow, clearing all areas of trolleys, pushing them back into the areas where our passengers need them and making sure passengers do not use any broken trolleys
- Face-to-face contact with customers, stakeholders and other third parties with differing needs
- Providing great customer service to all passengers and stakeholders whenever in contact with them
- Being knowledgeable about the facilities and layout of the airport, airline operations and locations across Heathrow to help passengers with their enquiries
- Reporting and completing documentation relating to Health and Safety and recording incidents in a clear and concise manner
These skills are essential:
- The physical ability to stand for long periods of time and push Trolleys
- The ability to read, understand, write and speak English at a level which will enable the
completion of documentation and effective communication
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of working in a front-line customer service role
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.