UKI Commercial Transactions Manager
UKI Commercial Transactions Manager
JOB LOCATION: Leatherhead
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
At Unilever, Finance is about so much more than numbers. It’s the lifeblood of our business – touching every area, informing multi-million-euro decisions and directly influencing the development, growth and health of our brands, and through them our vision to build a better business and a better world.
Your influence will directly determine the future of our brands and our whole business. Our Finance teams are tasked with the financial operation, auditing, accountancy and tax management of Unilever as a whole. At our root, we believe that sustainable business growth is only possible when you bring together the best purpose-led talent, and that is what you will find in our teams. From Finance Business Partners to Accountants to the broad range of specialists in Expertise Services, everyone works together to achieve our ambitions.
The role is based in our UK & Ireland Head Office in Leatherhead. Located in the Surrey countryside, our office is home to a restaurant, a deli bar, a gym, a hair salon and a free Ben & Jerry’s bar to indulge in a tasty treat. You could be enjoying your lunch on our beautiful terrace in the summer, getting your hair trimmed, or letting off some steam in a personal training session! You can also find a subsidised shop offering a selection of our Unilever products.
- The Financial Controlling Team is a core pillar within the Unilever Finance Operating Model and UKI MCO
- The Financial Controlling Team lead the business agenda delivering pro-active risk management and controls, and in partnership with ETS are entrusted to deliver high quality accounting and process excellence
- The UKI Commercial Transactions Manager sits underneath the UKI Financial Controller and is responsible for the Credit Control, Rebates and Pricing teams. The individual will be key in driving stewardship through the business and delivering on best in class customer service.
- This is a rare opportunity to get real Controlling experience within an operating company as well as to understand how our O2C function operates through Finance, CD and Supply Chain.
- This role is at the heart of the MCO business working with CD, Finance and Supply Chain and due to the breadth of scope provides an excellent personal development opportunity to expand your business understanding, especially the Finance, CD and Supply Chain interactions, to be involved in high profile projects and activities with the CLT and global teams and create tangible business value to deliver growth, profitability and cash.
- This role will suit an individual who is able to drive their own agenda, deliver quickly, as well as lead on projects across the MCO.
- Leading and developing the Credit Control, Trade Terms Specialist and Pricing teams ensuring close engagement with and relationship management of the Unilever Katowice Operations Hub and IBM Tier 3 provider.
- Provide vision and leadership to the entire team.
- Coach and support team leaders to manage the performance and development of their direct reports.
- Ensure business continuity and auditable operational and financial control in a highly operational environment by fully understanding the processes and leading risk mitigation activities.
- Drive "best in the industry" interaction with customers.
- Championing the continuous improvement of processes and skills to deliver stretching targets for Invoice Accuracy, Claim Turnaround Times, Deduction Balances and Cash Flow.
- Be first point of contact for the Financial Controller and VP Finance on Bill to Cash performance
- Within the MCO, develop a framework where there is absolute clarity on roles, responsibilities and expected behaviours and then hold own team and other functions accountable to ensure E2E efficiency and effectiveness.
- Propose and develop new ideas and opportunities to be leading edge in the industry on our Order to Cash processes.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Qualified accountant
- Understanding of Financial Controls
- Team Leadership experience
- Excellent engagement and communication skills
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Curiosity to drive change
- Ability to own & drive the agenda for the business:
- Ability to effectively business partner and build connections with stakeholders without a “formal” partner relationship
- Ability to constructively challenge, hold others accountable and maintain high standards
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.