User Engagement & PMO Support
The role could be Basingstoke, Rugby or London based or could be home-based. Occasional travel to London to visit the MSI office or the Home Office (our Customer) may be required – this will be subject to the ongoing status of the Covid-19 situation.
The primary purpose of the role is the support the User Engagement team provisioning and configuring Home Office, Police, Fire and Ambulance end-users using our Kodiak communications system. We will provide full training to explain how Customers will use the system and how we configure the system to meet their needs. The role will involve some Customer engagement to ensure that the configurations we develop and implement will meet the Customer’s real operational needs. If there are issues or changes needed in the configurations these will also need be discussed through with the Customer. Through this role you will develop a broad understanding of how public safety agencies (Police, Fire and Ambulance) in the UK manage their communications.
There will also be opportunities within the User Engagement team to assist with the coordination of activities needed to onboard agencies onto our network. This will involve discussions with various teams across the business to ensure that the required activities are tracked and managed through to completion.
When not involved with User Engagement work, the role will also undertake other work to support the Project Management Office (PMO) as required.
The PMO is responsible for the governance and management of the mobilisation phase of ESN, in line with contractual requirements and delivery dates. The department covers the following areas of the project:
· Programme Governance
· Schedule Management
· RAID Management
· Change Management
· Procurement Management
· Documentation Management
· Quality Management
· Resource Management
Key activities of the role in support of the PMO would include, but not be limited to:
Provide planning and RAID support to plan owners, liasing with work streams on dependencies, dates and resources.
Raising changes and PRF’s in Sharepoint
Update ESNKP google site with current programme information
Collate information and prepare reports
Record meeting minutes and actions and follow up on actions
Input to continual improvement initiatives
- Provisioning and configuring Users onto our Kodiak communications system
- Coordinating activities related to the User Organisation onboarding process
- Supporting and undertaking other work packages within the User Engagement team or the PMO as required.
- Will be IT literate as the role requires that ESN support tools are learnt and used to a high level of competence
- Careful and methodical approach to work with extremely good attention to detail
- Well organised and self-directed when working independently, but also able to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Must have good written and verbal communications skills
- Will be flexible with an enthusiastic, positive and personable nature and have a strong desire to learn
- Must be competent using Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint